What does a woman really want for her birthday

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    I would like fabulous, sexy underwear, chocolates, roses and champagne......
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    I would want for my husband to actually REMEMBER me saying something like "Oh, i'd like to try that place one day. I'd like to vacation there one day. I'd love to buy this shirt, but it is too much money to spend on a shirt." and take me to that place, take me on vacation or buy me the shirt that I wouldn't spend that kind of money on myself.
    Or a day where HE actually took the kids somewhere fun and left ME at home alone!
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    for me. easy. a baggie full of something green. ;) true way to get to my heart. haha
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Take her shopping in the day and plan something fun for the evening. Don't forget the card, it's the most important part.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    she wants to be remembered and surprised... It doesn't matter how. dont ask her what she wants....KNOW HER and do it
  • THIS.

arescimg1592cg6150440.jpg
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    A night of true life christian grey wannabe! All night long! seriously, that man would be my hero!

jmbean - what is christian grey wannabe?
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Someone to come in to the house and finish all the bl00dy D I Y jobs my husband has started and not finished in the last 9 years and have proper floor boards with carpets and the walls painted! Oh and the garden re landscaped. So not much then. Chances of this happening? 0.
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    To be able to eat the entire birthday cake without gaining any weight.
  • Day at the Spa! or Jewelry
  • attention! :D
    the best thing is taking her out and doing something fun together that you know she would enjoy and just making the day all about her.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.

Did you tell him this?

My guess is no.

Let's see if I'm right....

Women do tell men. And then it doesn't happen, so we say it again... still nothing. Then we say it again... then we get angry and suddenly we're a nag. I think I'll plan my own weekend away this year.

I am sure it works exactly like this for everyone.

He will get to it...you don't have to keep reminding him every 6 months...
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Well, I guess it depends on what her interests are. For instance, I am a reader and love getting a book or two from favorite authors as gifts. I also love window shopping at an outdoor mall nearby and maybe grabbing some dinner from a favorite restaurant. If she loves coffee or lattes, you can always arrange a birthday lunch at her favorite coffee shop. How about doing something she loves like horseback riding or take her to a musical and then out for dinner afterwards. Good Luck!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    I would want him to pay to have my car completely fixed or a new car of my choice. A new 4runner or Mini Cooper Country would be to my liking.

Flowers are okay but not chocolate and dinner is iffy. He would have to take me somewhere like Millennium in SF or some really cool place that he knows I would like.

Also, if he cleaned the house or had the house cleaned in addition to any of the above that would be good too.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Attention! To be felt like she's loved and cherished. A backrub that is just a backrub - unless SHE wants more. She gives all day long: husband, kids, work, friends.... she wants to be given to. We all have "things" - you know what her interests are. Overall, she wants you to pay attention to what her interests are and spend time doing things she enjoys - without complaining, *****ing or wondering when it's going to be over.

<3 THIS!!!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    ONE...cut a hole in a box...
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    I want too many things *sigh*

lol
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    a new vacuum cleaner ?
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Whatever I tell my partner what I want, he says 'meeeeeh noo.. it's not a good present' OR, 'that's such a typical present' ..
    so he ends up clueless and struggling, and someone else gets me what I want. :huh:
    Men.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    This year there are two things on my wish list. I've got an anniversary, a birthday, and Christmas all going down before the end of 2012, so he's got a few chances to get it right.

- A pair of diamond earrings. I've always wanted some (we've been together almost 4 years, it's not like we just started dating or anything)
    - A spa day: massage, mani/pedi, the works
    - An engagement ring

That last one is preferable to everything.