Replies

• annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So what happened?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    That is CRAZY!!!! It surprises me everyday how people can so ignorant:explode: Bring them down:angry:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    ditto on the jaw dropping. I worked in the service industry for ten years as a manager and that is no way to treat anyone. Everyone seems to have good ideas for you and I can't think of any others. Sorry you had to go through that but glad you didn't punch the lady then you would be in trouble. Can't wait to hear what happens. Good luck.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I just got back from there. I had a long talk the owner. He is the managers husband. I got store number and the owners name. I am turning it all in on Monday. The owner said that his wife doesn't understand english very well and I probably miss understood her. HA HA I said. I know when someone calls me fat. I understood her just fine. I also told him is she cannot understand or communicate correctly, then maybe she should not work with customers.
    He offered me $20.00 gift card. I refussed and told him that I would never come back to this store and I would recommend that he got his wife some english lessons.
    I feel a bit better. My husband told me to relax and he will go in Sunday and talk to them. I made him promise NO FISTS!!!

Renee,

I missed this post over the weekend. OMG. You probably aren't still mad (you too, healthier_me) - at least I hope not. The best thing you can do is tell everyone you know not to go there. A little letter to the editor is always good. I never have the presence of mind to say anything back when someone treats me like that - I just stand there, dumbfounded.

But one time at Burger King I was in line behind a man whose burger was not prepared the way he wanted it. He came back to the counter and loudly reprimanded the $5.00 an hour counter person, ending with, "It's not brain surgery!" to which (thank you, God) I had the presence of mind to say to him, "No, it's an $.89 hamburger - what a tragedy. It's lunch."

Way to go Renee. :flowerforyou:

Cheryl
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I've been gone and am going through some of the weeks posts to see what I missed. I'm curious how this all ended, if it did.

I've been on both sides of this issue, being first a waitress and cook and then a manager, and I've also been a customer where I've been badly treated or mistreated or treated in a way I don't want to be. I am not a person who walks away from a good confrontation, however, sometimes it's a struggle between my inner beings, one saying stand up for what you want, the other saying, this is a minimum wage employee doing their job to the best of their ability, which might suck, and I usually opt to go straight to the head guys.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Definitely call corporate!!!
    No English sounds like an excuse to use when convenient. I used to date guy who used that excuse all the time...it made me crazy.
    Dont take this lying down. This is the reason why overweight people, peeps with disabilities, and such are ostraized from society and made to feel horrible about themselves.

DO WE REALLY WANT OUR CHILDREN TO GROW UP WITH CRAP LIKE THAT? NO NO NO!!!

Go get 'em!!!
    (((HUGS)))