I want to call myself curvy

Replies

• marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    TRUFFLE+SHUFFLE.gif

my favorite! :D
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    I think everybody can call themselves curvy.

As long as they don't expect everyone else to agree.

I dig on this.
  • this picture goes from stick to curvy in a year and I gained weight and lost body fat, gaining defined waist, therefore - curves. And, oh mah goodness, a siize 2 WITH curves.... I know, but stranger things have happened.

bodyfatdifference.jpg
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    I love how this has gone from 'fat girls' thinking they are curvy to slim girls/the skinny fat crowd with no curves calling themselves curvy. :huh:

I'm thin yes. But I have very wide hips. Very large chest, and a tiny waist... thus ME being curvy.
    How big are you up top, you dont look big too me.

Lol girl you sound bitter as hell. I haven't seen body shaming like that since...well... the last post like this came up. You're clearly dealing with envy; step off.

Wait wait wait. OP can tell all overweight people they aren't curvy, but this poster saying the OP's boobs look too small to be considered curvy in her opinion is body shaming?

Double standard.
    Exactly. 36DDD my *kitten*. I can see two pictures of the OP. The one in the mirror looks like she has a slightly padded bra on. You definitely don't see no DDD's when she is laying down. Where did they go????
    Hazel, don't waste your time trying to defend your opinions. I too wondered what her chest size was when she told everyone she had a VERY LARGE chest. Like someone said before, you can be curvy thin or fat. If I had to describe the OP it would be "thin". Curvy is not the word that would come to mind.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    I so agree OP! Since when do you have to be overweight to have a big booty either? My 39" inch hips are plenty of badonkadonk for little ole me. :tongue:
    I've never heard you had to be over weight to have a booty.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    this picture goes from stick to curvy in a year and I gained weight and lost body fat, gaining defined waist, therefore - curves. And, oh mah goodness, a siize 2 WITH curves.... I know, but stranger things have happened.

bodyfatdifference.jpg

you look great!!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    crazy-parenting-fails-rawr.gif

Why does the white lady running in the background turn into a black man? Just curious...
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    I love how this has gone from 'fat girls' thinking they are curvy to slim girls/the skinny fat crowd with no curves calling themselves curvy. :huh:

I'm thin yes. But I have very wide hips. Very large chest, and a tiny waist... thus ME being curvy.

Lol girl you sound bitter as hell. I haven't seen body shaming like that since...well... the last post like this came up. You're clearly dealing with envy; step off.

Wait wait wait. OP can tell all overweight people they aren't curvy, but this poster saying the OP's boobs look too small to be considered curvy in her opinion is body shaming?

Double standard.
    Exactly. 36DDD my *kitten*. I can see two pictures of the OP. The one in the mirror looks like she has a slightly padded bra on. You definitely don't see no DDD's when she is laying down. Where did they go????
    Hazel, don't waste your time trying to defend your opinions. I too wondered what her chest size was when she told everyone she had a VERY LARGE chest. Like someone said before, you can be curvy thin or fat. If I had to describe the OP it would be "thin". Curvy is not the word that would come to mind.
    halliluya, at least somone can see what I see. I think its more the way it was excaimed, there was me thinking there was going to be this super curvey girl with huge boobs.
  • this picture goes from stick to curvy in a year and I gained weight and lost body fat, gaining defined waist, therefore - curves. And, oh mah goodness, a siize 2 WITH curves.... I know, but stranger things have happened.

you look great!!

thank you!
  • marie_cressman
    this picture goes from stick to curvy in a year and I gained weight and lost body fat, gaining defined waist, therefore - curves. And, oh mah goodness, a siize 2 WITH curves.... I know, but stranger things have happened.

bodyfatdifference.jpg

You weren't stick straight. You had curves, but they weren't as defined as they are now though. You look fantastic!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    curves.jpg

My friend on facebook posted this yesterday... sorry but that's not curvy!

Your friend is not a very nice person. That joke so freaking offensive.

You weren't stick straight. You had curves, but they weren't as defined as they are now though. You look fantastic!

thank you! I was just trying to make a point that its not about size, its about shape.
  • curves.jpg

Agreed. Very offensive.
  • marie_cressman

thank you! I was just trying to make a point that its not about size, its about shape.

Oh absolutely agree with you! It's a shape. Not a size or weight that defines "curvy". It's just the shape of your body. :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member

Double standard.

I'm really not in the mood to justify how big my boobs are. I wear a 36DDD. I can't buy bras at normal stores, not even VS because my chest is too big. That's all I'm saying.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    This thread is still going? Who cares if you are overweight, "curvy overweight", thin curvy, thin straight, apple, pear, banana? Lets stop throwing labels around, fighting over who gets said labels, etc. It's all pretty damn stupid.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member

A person can be thin or skinny/fat or whatever and still be curvy. Because it refers to the shape of your body, not the amount of fat your body is carrying. I would identify myself as curvy, but I'm sure you would disagree, even though my hips are a full 10 inches bigger around than my waist.

Apparently everyone missed the part of the sentence that said "with no curves and call themselves curvy". I completely agree that people of all weights can be curvy. I know it's a shape, I'm just pointing out the one or two people here who are complaining about "fat" women using the term because they think they are curvy and thin, when clearly in their pictures they are nearly straight as an arrow from top to bottom.

If your hips are that much larger than your waist then yes, I would consider you curvy. Mine are about the same and I suppose that would make me curvy, though I've only just seen myself as fat. :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    curves.jpg

This "joke" has always infuriated me. Its so damn hurtful. The hatred of thin, non-curvy, athletic women is so harsh and uncalled for. My mother is one of them and I guarantee you she is a real woman.

Dont spread the insults.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    This thread is still going? Who cares if you are overweight, "curvy overweight", thin curvy, thin straight, apple, pear, banana? Lets stop throwing labels around, fighting over who gets said labels, etc. It's all pretty damn stupid.

yeah we should all judge each other based on where we shop!
  • marie_cressman

yeah we should all judge each other based on where we shop!

I shop at thrift stores and goodwill... and proud of it dang it! I'm cheap as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...... :wink: