Is there anything you NEVER track?

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    I track everything and my friend can look at it and say you lost 99lbs doing that ?!?!?!?!?
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Tea! But I don't have sugar/sweetener.
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    NEVER track my water. I drink a lot of it- usually 96-128 oz a day and it gets cumbersome.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    i dont track vegetables that have not added any extra sugar or salt... or fruits. all the other things i track.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Lettuce, cucumber, a single slice of onion... stuff like that.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    I track almost everything, I just sometimes tend to underestimate how much I actually have which is something that I've been conscious about but it still happens.

This. But sometimes I forget about the little stuff like condiments, and obviously, they can add up.
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    I track everything except what I eat on Sundays. It's my day off, so I just weigh myself in the morning, and avoid MFP till Monday :) Losing weight without a problem, think I'm zig zagging my calories pretty effectively.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    water.

regarding the coffee, I always put it in even though I drink it black. Hardly has any calories, but it does have some oils in it. I was shocked one day when I was still using cream or creamer. I had always estimated the amount I used and one day I put my "normal" amount in and decided to measure it. Turn out I was using 9 servings of creamer! That is 90 calories! Not exactly something I should neglect!

Thanks for the info, cause I was NEVER tracking coffee and I drink a minimal of three cups a day... 8/
  • Zero caorie drinks (unsweetened tea, Coke Zero, water)... I usually don't even bother tracking my Crystal Light anymore. The calories are so few that it's just not worth the time it takes to type it all in.

I don't track most vegetables... Unless it's a potato or sweet potato. That's a habit carried over from when I did Weight Watchers... But again, I'm not too worried about the handful of calories in vegetables I'm eating daily. I don't feel like I should be looking at a vegetable thinking, "Oh, I don't have enough calories for that."
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    I track water sometimes, sometimes forget!

I've made a habit of tracking coffee, but I don't track tea (even though some black teas say 2 calories in the food ..)

Coffee is around 1-2 calories per cup, haha... it's rather useless logging!

I never log my vitamins, but they have around ten calories.

If you have been losing weight regardless of not logging coffee, good for you! Don't worry :)

Sometimes I don't log lettuce on a sandwhich, other times I do... sometimes I let 5-10 calories slide.
    Mustard is another one I don't log often...

I've still lost weight. :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I don't track anything zero calorie or super low. But you have to be careful with super low, especially drinks, they can add up quickly.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    nope, pretty much everything gets loggedI even divide and calculate things like ketchup. and log tea. HOWEVER, if I forget something or have something after I hit "Complete" I will exercise an equal amount of calories and have to pretend the macros don't exist. It rarely ever happens, but I feel guilty for not adding it, yet unable to re-open a 'completed' entry.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    I will pretty much track it all. My weak spot when tracking is guestimating my veggies. I round it off. Say I have a little over a cup of leafy greens I don't count the overage.I tend to do this fruit as well. Condiments I also guess at. However, I just started weighing out all veggies and fruit.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    I dont track condiments unless they are >50 calories, and then I just quick add those calories. I also dont track calories I drink, which I know will shock some of you lol. I dont drink alcohol, and having a glass of juice is so rare I just dont worry about it. I dont even add in the milk I have with my cereal in the mornings. I figure that if I start to plateau, Ill worry about it then.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Diet soda, tea, water (I drink tons), and herbs. Sometimes I forget my coffee but not usually. 10 cals is still a minute of jumping jacks!

Oh, and sugar free gum is hit or miss. I usually don't remember, and really 5 cals is within the error of everything else anyway...
  • I'm bad at tracking when it comes to condiments. When I used ketchup at dinner I never track it, as well as butter spray. I know the calories add up over time, I'm just lazy I guess lol.

I never track condiments either...its just too much to put in to be under 10 cals...
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Sundays:happy:
  • I never track coffee or sugar free gum.
  • KenRNhol22
    KenRNhol22 Posts: 28 Member
    Gum. At 5 calories a peice I figure just chewing it burns 5 calories.
    My crystal light energy drink packets. 10 calories. I dont know why I dont, I just dont.
    Alcohol :/ which is not every day or even every weekend. At that time I'm trying to have fun and I dont want to have to log every beer, shot or drink I have.
    I do log my coffee though which is 0 calories.. makes sense right. haha
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    For me it's coffee and my BCAAS I have been drinking every morning.