My 1200 Calorie/Day Eating Regimen - Thoughts?

124»

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    OneofThoseDays.gif
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Unless your trainer is a Registered Dietician, they should not be making menus for you, and they know that. Anyone who is 'just' a PT knows they are not trained for that and giving specific menus is out of their league.

I completely agree. A person should be a register dietician or medical doctor who consults with a nutritionist before they give out a meal plan. Cutting out whole natural food groups like fruit is ridiculous. Sugar is not a bad thing as long as you don't over do it. I don't have a problem with a 1,200 calorie a day diet, if you allow more calories for when you are exercising. Otherwise your metabolism is going to drop and then you will start losing muscle mass instead of fat.
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    I'd say to jump start a weight loss for someone who doesn't mind being very disciplined short term. I've seen trainers recommend these type "jump starts" before for a 2 week period of time. There's nothing that is going to hurt you although can't imagine doing it for more that two weeks to get motivated. I eat avacado's nuts, beans, fruits, hummus, carrots etc. I stay within 1200 calories and I've lost 23 pounds since June 6. I don't feet deprived or hungry. I eat a ton of salad because I love it. I also use full fat dressing. I hate fat free anything. I also drink a TON of water. Good luck :0)
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    I say FIRE that trainer... that is a complete bull **** plan..... ugh
  • I'm not keen on that plan either...what nutritional education does this trainer have?
    I've lost 21 lbs the past 60 some-odd days and I eat every food on the No list you have just about daily, LOL
  • troll