Migraines!

2»

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    I found out a few years ago that my migraines are due to food allergies. Have you had an allergy test recently?

Sorry if someone else already suggested this ... I admittedly did not read all the responses.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I found out a few years ago that my migraines are due to food allergies. Have you had an allergy test recently?

Sorry if someone else already suggested this ... I admittedly did not read all the responses.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

I've never had food allergy testing done. Can your PCP do that?
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    My doctor sent me to a medical clinic to do allergy testing and they tested for a bunch of things animals, food, environmental, etc. It's worth asking about. I was surprised to find that I am allergic to cow's milk which was what was giving me such bad migraines.
  • 00Angela00
    Migraine #5 in five days is coming on and I was REALLY good yesterday. :-( I'm hoping for improvement SOON
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    I've actually read that 50-60% of women who suffer from migraines get improvement when pregnant? Although it is true that a small percentage of woman get more or worse headaches. Is the syndrome migraine related or pregnancy related?
    Mine stopped when I got pregnant with my son- i was having 2 or 3 a WEEK - pain to the point I was throwing up. They just stopped when I was pregnant with him. After he was born I would have one maybe once a month until I got PG with my daughter, and they again stopped cold. Since I had her in December (last year), I've maybe had 3 *knock on wood* I think this also has a lot to do with my lifestyle change, eating right & exercising, my mood has leveled out & I'm a happier person in general. Hopefully you'll fall in that percentage! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • 00Angela00
    I totally hope to fit into that catagory! Maybe pregnancy will be the answer to all my prayers! ;-) haha WOO HOO
  • 00Angela00
    has anyone had any migraines related to lemon? I put a lemon in my water and have read that citrus fruits can cause migraines, but I'm not sure if a lemon in my water is enough to initiate a migraine?
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    I had/have the same problem. I tried for years to watch my food and all that....turns out Nuts...yup, nuts, peanut butter, any type of nut triggered my headache. cut them out and see what happened.
    also, once i got preggers, I didn't have any migraines during so maybe you won't either.

Someone at work mentioned peanuts, so does this include all nuts including almonds? It sucks how much of my "health food" snacks are being cut out because of the migraines!

Yes, for me it is all nuts and peanut butter. It is so bad with me I have to look at ingredients for stuff. did you know there are pinenuts in pesto pasta sauce? another no no for me.
    the biggest issue is to not take out all these at once. stop all nut products for two weeks and see if it helps, then maybe try taking out citrus.
    good luck!
  • 00Angela00
    I had/have the same problem. I tried for years to watch my food and all that....turns out Nuts...yup, nuts, peanut butter, any type of nut triggered my headache. cut them out and see what happened.
    also, once i got preggers, I didn't have any migraines during so maybe you won't either.

Someone at work mentioned peanuts, so does this include all nuts including almonds? It sucks how much of my "health food" snacks are being cut out because of the migraines!

Yes, for me it is all nuts and peanut butter. It is so bad with me I have to look at ingredients for stuff. did you know there are pinenuts in pesto pasta sauce? another no no for me.
    the biggest issue is to not take out all these at once. stop all nut products for two weeks and see if it helps, then maybe try taking out citrus.
    good luck!

Pesto Pasta sauce?! No kidding? I have an appointment today with a neurologist today so we'll see what he says. I've cut out all citrus and nuts so we'll see how it goes! I still woke up with a headache though :-(
This discussion has been closed.