I hate myself.

13»

Replies

• futfurd
    futfurd Posts: 33 Member
    Good news Destiny you are right where you need to be! I have tried to talk to many people who ask "how do you do it". I tell them, and then hear "well I just don't have time for that". All you can do for people like that is say "you aren't ready". You have to be at the bottom, Almost desperate for the change. When it becomes THE priority to you it will change for the better. I know you have a child and husband but you really have to make this goal your priority for a while. I was 315 pounds, and have lost 100 pounds to date. I KNOW you don't have energy. This is a circular event. The more sedentary you get the less energy you have. The less energy you have the more sedentary you get. The first few weeks are HARD! Then you will notice you're up doing things you would have just let slide a month before. You will have energy you never had before. It becomes EASY! This is the catch! It is a lifestyle change. You can't continue to eat whatever you want or the weight will come back. You can't start skipping workouts on a regular basis. You have to dedicate yourself to this thing for the long haul. Last but not least, I don't think you hate yourself, but what you let yourself become. I was there too. The great news is you can change that! I promise! If you want a fitness pal friend, I would be honored to help you in any way I can. Keep your head up girl You can do this!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Hi Destiny. I would just like to invite you to join one of the groups I'm in... Chubby Twenties. We all understand how hard it is to feel so overweight, exhausted, and depressed with yourself because of your weight and in "your prime" age feeling old, and would love to lend a hand.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/71908-any-more-chubby-twenties

BTW, I just wanted to suggest a counseling option. I receive therapy through someone I met at church. He bills based on a sliding scale dependent on income, and so I'm able to get the help I need for $20 a session. Depending on your insurance, you may have coverage for therapy as well (something like 20 sessions for most plans). I think it would be a good thing to look into, but some really good friends can sometimes do the trick
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    forgot to mention - church is an excellent place to find counseling - most pastors are well versed in counseling, and usually it's free! Also, you can check your insurance - and see if there's something there- my workplace offers free "wellness" perks, some of them being counseling, or 24 hour nurse hotline, or things like that- and I can tell you, I had no idea that was available, until I started looking for what I had to do during my pregnancy (as far as work goes). I stumbled upon the free stuff at work, and can tell you, it's been great for me. Good luck! (the best part is, you're in the right place now, since you've taken that GIANT first step!)
This discussion has been closed.