Why did you poof?

Options
13»

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    It sucks to be poofed on. But would you rather hear the reason why the person poofed even if it hurts, or would you rather wonder? Do you really want to hear "well, to be honest I don't find you that attractive" or "I dont see us having a future together." are those comments helpful ? Can you help the person in their next dating interactions? Most likely not, as whatever the reason you're poofing is based on your own feelings and not theirs.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I proofed because the guy kept sending me censored naughty pics and talking about sex even though I told him to slow his roll. I also proofed on a couple guys I was sorta talking with after bf and I became exclusive, but I never met any of them. Hmm.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Condom broke.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I proofed because the guy kept sending me censored naughty pics and talking about sex even though I told him to slow his roll. I also proofed on a couple guys I was sorta talking with after bf and I became exclusive, but I never met any of them. Hmm.

I agree, If a girl dared to censor any sext messages she sent me, it would be lights out. That's what you're getting at, right?

On a side note, can we not use the term "poof"? Really, it sounds like something else.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Do you really want to hear "well, to be honest I don't find you that attractive" or "I dont see us having a future together." are those comments helpful ? Can you help the person in their next dating interactions? Most likely not, as whatever the reason you're poofing is based on your own feelings and not theirs.

It depends on your personality. I asked a guy the other day why he blocked me on Match (the first guy to ever block me).

Most guys I don’t go out with again do not ask me why. When they do, I tell them honestly.

I don’t ask most guys who aren’t interested ANYMORE because I know it’s usually the sex before commitment (marriage) thing. BUT I used to ask all the time.

And that’s how I discovered that waiting for sex was a turn off
    That’s how I discovered that having only ever been with one man (my ex) was a turn off
    That’s how I discovered that some guys like me but don’t want to bring a black girl home to momma
    That’s how I discovered I can sometimes be “too good” for a guy (good at my career, in great shape, active in the community, good with money- turns men off b/c they feel like they can’t measure up)
    That’s how I discovered that a lot of men think I’m really pretty but they can’t get over my size in person
    That’s how I discovered I stress about dumb stuff and over-analyze things. Guess what? That’s a turn off. And now I try to stay calm when I feel myself getting anxious about a guy.

So *NOW* when a man is not interested after a month or two of getting to know him, I don’t take it so personal. It’s just life. It’s usually one of those things I wrote above. I still get hurt by someone who doesn’t want to see me again after a year or two of hanging out, but the short term guys don’t bother me anymore since the main reasons they aren’t interested are part of who I am that I either can’t or won’t change.

But most people DON’T want to know. They want to pretend that they’re awesome for everyone. I don’t need to be awesome for EVERY guy. I only need to be awesome for ONE guy. And if I never find him, then it’s ok… I’m still awesome. But if I'm sending out signals that aren't in line with who I really am, I want to know about it.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I usually poof when I decide to get serious with someone else. Sad, but true.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have had it happen numerous times and never once have I gotten an explanation.
    This goes back long before the word Internet was ever thought of but in the cyber age too.

I also have to confess to doing it,was the end of a several year relationship where I was the other guy with a married woman in the 90s.
    The guilt and hopelessness of the situation finally got to me and I walked away.
    It caused a great deal of hurt and several months later at her request I met to talk it out.
    That was uncomfortable but for what I could tell was well received.
    I did it because in my mind it was right given the treatment I had received from other ladies and how that hurt.
    Still would like to know the whys of a couple but know that will never happen...so goes life.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I kind of sort of in a way poofed with the most recent guy I was talking to. He was initiating less and less, so I felt he had lost interest. I, in a round about way, tried to give him an out to just tell me he doesn't want to see me anymore, but he didn't take it. So I decided to try a more subtle approach by not responding to ONE text he sent one night. My mindset is that if he was still interested, he would attempt to reach me at least one more time before giving up. After all, the one text he did send was after 9 at night. For all he knows, I could have been sleeping. That was the last I heard from him, and I predict I won't hear from him ever again. So I guess technically, we both poofed on each other. But I must admit, I'm rather proud I got to do the poofing first this time.
  • hrshygrl00
    hrshygrl00 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't do the 'poof' thing, because I think it's kind of rude.
    I've had it happen to me too many times, and seriously, a quick 'I don't think we should see each other' will NOT kill anyone.
    It's about basic common courtesy.
    Poofing sucks.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I usually don't poof on someone. The only time I think I had a gal angry at me for poofing, it really surprised me. I quit trying to talk to her because she made up excuses for not being able to go do somethng and didn't provide an alternative date that would work. She also shortened her answers to texts and in real-life conversations. It was clear to me that she wasn't interested so I "took the hint." It turns out that she wasn't trying to give me a hint. Oops.
  • The_Iron
    Options
    Beacause I had a generous helping of baked beans and cabbage at dinner?

I swear that F looks like a T and it's mocking me, making the thread title say Why did you poot?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Any reason someone gives you for it not working out is not the sort of thing you can improve on. What's the point of asking "why?" and needing an answer if they're just going to tell you a reason they don't think it's working. It's not like a job evaluation, it's not something to do better next time. It is what it is.

The way I see it, if you're sitting around wondering "why oh why did Morgan poof, how will I ever get closure, how will I ever know" then you just need to accept that the person wasn't compatible with you for whatever reason, and that whatever reason isn't important because it's most likely something you aren't going to budge on (like no sex before marriage, that's a good one). It's not a matter of self betterment. It just IS.

So you're getting bent out of shape about how rude someone was for not bothering to give you an exit interview then your biggest problem isn't that some incompatible stranger left your life, it's that you care so much over something so very insignificant. There are so many perfectly valid things to get upset about in life, I really don't believe this is one of them mostly because absolutely nothing will come of it. We can ***** up and down all day about how much we hate it and it's not going to change a thing. A poofer is a poofer.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Beacause I had a generous helping of baked beans and cabbage at dinner?

I swear that F looks like a T and it's mocking me, making the thread title say Why did you poot?

that's some serious pooting.