Here comes Honey Boo Boo

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    If you take all the comments from this thread written by people who think the show is great, then put it through an online writing analyzer (like the ones they use for the RNC and DNC speeches. Blue Centauri is the one I used), it comes out to a 2.7th grade level.

So uncalled for. And I don't even like the show. This is an internet forum, not a college course.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 510 Member
    I DVR it, I'm not sure WHY I watch it but I can't stop. And who would've thought butter and ketchup would make spaghetti sauce, ugh!!!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Saw the show for the first time. I think it's sad and a commentary on gross TV. I will never watch it or its likes again. American TV has hit another low.

That family is what is wrong with America. Them and the folks of Jersey Shore. Shameful.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    I DVR it, I'm not sure WHY I watch it but I can't stop. And who would've thought butter and ketchup would make spaghetti sauce, ugh!!!

ew i know i saw that and couldn't believe it...it's like college stoner food
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I've taken many psychology classes.

Really? You're 18. How many psychology classes would you say you've taken? Probably not as many as the psychologist who wrote the article.
    really? i'm going on 19 and I'm in college. I took many elective psych classes in highschool and am in a few currently

Ummmm, isn't everyone who is 18, going on 19? I think the way those hill billies live is a disgrace and I am a "country" person myself. Wanna see what Honey Boo Boo is gonna look like when she grows up? Look at her mother.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    That show, the network that allows it to be made and the people that watch it are all perfect examples of what is totally wrong with this once great nation.
    Wow, you're awfully arrogant.
    Hi, nice to meet you Perfection, didn't know god created you.
    You can't put down everyone that watches a show just because you don't like it. Grow up.

How did you not know that? God created us all.
  • windycitycupcake
    If you take all the comments from this thread written by people who think the show is great, then put it through an online writing analyzer (like the ones they use for the RNC and DNC speeches. Blue Centauri is the one I used), it comes out to a 2.7th grade level.

oh wait! i think understand what is going on here. you accidentally joined the wrong mfp..this is the mfp for adults with the intelligence of second graders. wow this must be so frustrating for you!! my advice is to leave immediately, delete your account and find the correct mfp, the one for pretentious douchenozzles. bye!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    The TV network gave them a show because this little girl generated a lot of buzz from Toddlers in Tiaras. Edith Wood, also from that show (Toddlers in Tiaras), has a TV show too. No one commented on her neurotic mother or the use of the sugar on that show. Is it because the family in Honey Boo Boo is poor and overweight, rather than skinny and rich? Seriously? You people are incredibly judgmental, and have obviously never behaved in a manner deemed unfit by others. Your clear perfection and copious amounts of knowledge are far too superior for the rest of us. I would rather watch Honey Boo Boo than a show full of pretentious, anorexic women flaunting themselves and their money everywhere.

Seriously, it's because not many people probably heard of her show. Which do they promote more? The skinny rich girl or the overweight slob? I haven't seen the other girls show so I can't say ANYTHING about it. But I have watched the trailer for "honey boo boo" and it's disgusting. But seriously, you have a chip.

To the comment that someone posted on "a dolla makes me holla" I do not know WHY they would promote a child saying that either! It's like saying "it's ok to do WHATEVER for a dollar!"

Disgusting.
  • windycitycupcake
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    As a southerner, I'm mortified and offended by this show.

As a parent.......I'm also mortified and offended by this show.

...............and not much offends me.

^ (don't have kids) and on a totally non related subject, your profile pic rocks :D you almost have the hawaii hip thing where you'd probably be a freaking awesome dancer.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    oh wait! i think understand what is going on here. you accidentally joined the wrong mfp..this is the mfp for adults with the intelligence of second graders. wow this must be so frustrating for you!! my advice is to leave immediately, delete your account and find the correct mfp, the one for pretentious douchenozzles. bye!

I was just pointing out a fact. You can try it yourself here:

http://bluecentauri.com/tools/writer/sample.php

You have to admit, it's pretty telling and hilarious that you consider > 2.7th grade to be pretentious genius level.
  • tumblr_magpy9HhjI1rddzc3o4_400.gif
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    As a southerner, I'm mortified and offended by this show.

As a parent.......I'm also mortified and offended by this show.

...............and not much offends me.

^ (don't have kids) and on a totally non related subject, your profile pic rocks :D you almost have the hawaii hip thing where you'd probably be a freaking awesome dancer.

:laugh: Thank you!! I don't know about awesome, but I do love to dance. lol
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Look, I don't watch these kind of shows nor do I care to, but just because myself and others don't find this to be the most entertaining show on the planet doesn't make us pretentious or arrogant. People like different things. Thank God for that. However, one has to question the ethics and morals of those that produce and partake in this show.
  • windycitycupcake

I was just pointing out a fact. You can try it yourself here:

http://bluecentauri.com/tools/writer/sample.php

You have to admit, it's pretty telling and hilarious that you consider > 2.7th grade to be pretentious genius level.

cool. you're still a douchenozzle. sorry.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    I have to admit that parts of it really make me laugh, especially stuff the youngest kid says. But after trying to watch more than one of them, I was WAY TOO GROSSED out to continue-- I mean, all the farting, the pig pooping on the table where they eat, and the contests to see whose bad breath belongs to who . . . way tooooo nasty for me.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Look, I don't watch these kind of shows not do I care to, but just because myself and others don't find this to be the most entertaining show on the planet doesn't make us pretentious or arrogant. People like different things. Thank God for that. However, one has to question the ethics and morals of those that produce and partake in this show.

Agreed! Beginning to think that one girl is either related to those Honey Boo Boo people or is getting commission from the producers. There really is nothing about that programme that is worth defending.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member

No need to apologize. I'm just impressed that you were able to form a three-syllable word.

Enjoy the show.
  • windycitycupcake
    tumblr_magpy9HhjI1rddzc3o4_400.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • windycitycupcake

No need to apologize. I'm just impressed that you were able to form a three-syllable word.

Enjoy the show.

ok cool, cool point, cool talking to you nozz
This discussion has been closed.