Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif
    10438139.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    they contain aborted fetus juice...
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    I am on my second of the day... I will probably finish with 4 diet cokes... and I enjoy each one :)
    That's funny. I was just thinking the same exact thing!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    I can crush a diet soda can with my butt cheeks.
    Don't judge me:angry:
  • Did you ever notice people ordering fast food normally order a diet drink? It can fool you into thinking you can have more calories because your beverage has no calories "they say". I have a friend whose enamel on her teeth is so thin in the front from the acid in her diet coke...drink from a straw "they say". The aspartame in the diet drinks causes all sorts of things, like early onset Alzheimer's, "they say".

Whatever "they say"...everything is fine in MODERATION!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    I can crush a diet soda can with my butt cheeks.
    Don't judge me:angry:

That's sexy RAWR!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 363 Member
    they contain aborted fetus juice...

It says so right on the can!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    if you actually read the nutrition info on the can, you'll see that its a myth that its high in sodium.

i have no idea how that ever even got started.

but yeah, its the aspartame. it also dehydrates you, and if you're trying to lose weight, isn't exactly the best choice of beverage because it only promotes a sweet tooth as well as hunger. and speaking of sweet tooths, its terrible for your teeth.
  • I admit, I do like diet soda with some Lamb's Navy Rum every once in a while!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    if you actually read the nutrition info on the can, you'll see that its a myth that its high in sodium.

but yeah, its the aspartame. it also dehydrates you, and if you're trying to lose weight, isn't exactly the best choice of beverage because it only promotes a sweet tooth as well as hunger. and speaking of sweet tooths, its terrible for your teeth.

aspartame dehydrates you? Really? Do you have a source for that information?
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    panic.gif

^^^This. LOL
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member

aspartame dehydrates you? Really? Do you have a source for that information?

the "it also" was referring to the diet soda, not the aspartame.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    i know im gunna get slammed for this on but i drink allllooot of diet coke! every day nd im not giving it up jst yet lol ! i know te say it can make u crave sweet stuff but its doesnt effect me and im loosing weight
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    "Can Sugar Substitutes Beat Sugar?

It’s easy to save calories by sweetening your food with sucralose (Splenda), stevia (Truvia) or aspartame (Equal). But a growing body of evidence suggests that sugar-free or “diet” foods may not be that effective in long-term weight and appetite control.

It isn’t smart to fool your brain. For example, soda sweetened with aspartame does not physically raise blood sugar. But it may trick your brain into thinking you’re eating sugar, prompting you to crave more sweets.

Health concerns linger. Although the FDA has given sucralose, aspartame and other non-nutritive sweeteners the green light for safety, stevia has only recently received the “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) stamp. Questions still loom about its safety.

You make the call. Whether or not you choose to use sugar substitutes is up to you. Take time to compare the benefits of highly processed, zero-calorie foods that lack nutritional value with foods that contain healthy nutrients and small amounts of naturally occurring sugar."

Source: ClevelandClinic.org
    Web address: http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2012/04/eating-too-much-sugar-tame-your-sweet-tooth/
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    I am on my second of the day... I will probably finish with 4 diet cokes... and I enjoy each one :)

This. ^^^… Nothing wrong with it.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member

This. ^^^… Nothing wrong with it.

this^^^....nothing wrong with it X2 lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Some background: I stopped drinking all soda in 2005. I have never liked diet soda and have maybe accidentally had three or four in my entire life (prior to 2005).)

From this thread, it would seem that there may be a few people who would recommend that I start drinking diet soda...you know, for the health benefits...or something.

(Edited because I am compelled to tweak something in every forum post I make.)
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    The best thing about my diet soda is the whiskey in it.
  • Some background: I stopped drinking all soda in 2005. I have never liked diet soda and have maybe accidentally had three or four in my entire life (prior to 2005).)

From this thread, it would seem that there may be a few people who would recommend that I start drinking diet soda...you know, for the health benefits...or something.

(Edited because I am compelled to tweak something in every forum post I make.)

and equal number of people were also telling you to smoke crack, shoot heroine and party with Charlie Sheen...
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    all I'm gonna say is I've lost 170+ pounds and every single one of them was saturated in diet coke....

ain't NO ONE gonna get take my diet coke away!.... it soothes my cravings.... it hydrates me.....and it's got bubbles damnit.... now back away slow :drinker: