Which body lotion do you use?

Replies

• katsushii
    katsushii Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2016
    Can anyone here attest to cellulite removal lotions?

That said, I use Bath & Body Works. For now. :)

EDIT: Just noticed this is an oooold thread! Great! My question still stands. Cellulite removal, anyone?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2016
    I like using Unconditional Love firming lotion by Philosophy some days. Most of the time lately it's been Beauty Without Cruelty''s Extra Rich lotion. That one is quite moisturizing, nongreasy, and it isn't scented so it's work appropriate (I work around men with allergies).
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Aveeno. Kiehl's also works miracles if you have the budget for it. Can't be walking around looking ashy now can we? :D
  • pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    I love the feeling of smooth, soft, moisturized skin. I lotion myself every night after my shower. I have used it all. My faves that are very moisturizing are Lush's Charity Pot. Hands down #1 for me. Just discovered Soap & Glory body butters, these are awesome as well. U can use Ulta coupons on these. Always liked the Body Shop Body Butters. Blueberry is my fave. If I'm buying from the drug store, Cetaphil in the tub is good. Can also use this on your face.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    How does one stumble upon a zombie thread about lotion?
    Who knows?
    Also, poor cetyl alcohol...it's just an emulsifier/emollient.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Straight up sorbelene.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Vitamin E body butter by Body Shop
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member

I think OP came back to update on her miracle cure..haha
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Sublog wrote: »
    35x7i6.jpg

This is exactly what pops into my head everyone I see the thread title. OP, I rarely use lotion, unless I'm looking flaky or feeling itchy. I'm just too lazy to bother.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited December 2016
    I know this is a zombie thread, but I can't resist posting this video - it contains singing, a Grease parody and common sense. What more could you want?

Skin care made simple

(From ABC Australia's "The Checkout" - who debunk all kinds of myths and misinformation and have a bit of fun doing it)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I'm picky about how things feel and smell. I use Curel fragrance-free lotion. No smell and soaks right in. For dryer patches, I like Gold Bond with shea butter. Smells nice and extra moisturizing.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Dang it, necro'd!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Sublog wrote: »
    35x7i6.jpg

This is exactly what pops into my head everyone I see the thread title. OP, I rarely use lotion, unless I'm looking flaky or feeling itchy. I'm just too lazy to bother.

I can't exist without moisturising after a shower, I feel like Cassandra:

tumblr_mwkkt2cK4z1r8nliio1_500.jpg

:laugh:
    Amazing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,832 Member
    Yeah I know ... zombie thread ...

But ...

None.

Absolutely not.

No way am I putting all that goop on me. I do not want to go through my day feeling greasy and horrible and itchy and icky. I have never liked lotion.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited December 2016
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter. Both the really thick greasy stuff in the tub (for elbows and feet and such) and the bottle with the pump. It's the only lotion that's ever helped with my extremely dry skin issues (I get rashes and my skin gets these really painful cracks if I don't moisturize every time I get water on my face. Good times.) Plus, it smells awesome. :)

ETA: Dang it, I didn't even notice that this thread had risen from the dead.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Yeah I know ... zombie thread ...

But ...

None.

Absolutely not.

No way am I putting all that goop on me. I do not want to go through my day feeling greasy and horrible and itchy and icky. I have never liked lotion.

I dont mind lotioning the stems if Im wearing shorts,summertime,etc.

But I feel you. You know whats equally as awful.
    Shower, shave, lotion- then dressing- even in pjs or wrapping in my robe.
    Heebeejeebees to the max.
    No matter how long I wait - let it dry- blah blah blah its clinging to my skin. Reminds me of putting on damp clothes. Just no.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member

I think OP came back to update on her miracle cure..haha

Oh I see that now, LOL.
    Well, you know what they say about coconut oil *queue angel chorus*..... its everything.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    When my skin gets very dry in the winter, I use Nivea in shower lotion.

For regular, all year daily hand and feet stuff, I use Cutemol. I am prone to some weird sort of little itchy bumps on my hands unless they are properly moisturized, and that is the only stuff I've found that will prevent them.
  • Suzeq66
    Suzeq66 Posts: 28 Member
    Dionis Goat milk skincare lotion is wonderful, does not have a greasy feel and last a long time.