Too many Calories left at end of day

2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    When you way 125 KG I am sure the basics of it will all work out in the end are true. It's just getting to the end of the day and still having 1300 calories to eat seems a bit silly. Maybe I need to eat more throughout the day and plan not to end up in this situation?

Eat them if you want to eat them, don't if you don't. I started out at your weight and ate whenever I want to eat. Like late meals, eat them. Rather eat 6 small meals, go right ahead. Don't want to eat after 7pm, do what you do. By the end of the week, your body won't give a damn. If your total after a week (or 10 days, or a month) is a deficit, you will lose weight.

And please pay no attention to "carbs be the devil" type info. Carbs, fat, protein, it doesn't matter. If you eat too many total calories, you won't lose weight. Protein has two advantages tho. Tends to be filling (1/2 lb burger? Why yes, yes I will) and will help repair and build muscle. Carbs will replenish your energy stores but don't directly help build muscle tissue. And where a burger or chicken breast will leave me feeling satisfied for a while, eating 2 donuts makes me feel like eating a box of donuts.

But you're on the right track. Planning your day makes it hella easier to stick to a plan to lose weight. It doesn't have to be complicated. Most mornings I plug in my breakfast, lunch, and what I think I'm going to have for dinner. If anything changes that's fine, and if the change causes me to go over or under cals for the day I don't spend two seconds thinking about it.