What's the worst that can happen? (on a run)

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    When I'm not smart enough to check the radar and go running with my iPod..... right before a torrential downpour. I ruined my iPod shuffle like that.
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    worst in order:

1: Needing to use the washroom with none in sight
    2. Having to lug around both a phone and ipod
    3. bumping into annoying people while on my run...literally
  • anitajrose
    anitajrose Posts: 9 Member
    ZOMBIE ATTACK!!!

haha Love it!!

• omg, that is disgusitng!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    I had two little dogs bite me. Thankfully I was wearing loose clothing and gloves, so they only got fabric. But still, it was scary.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    My nose bled once and I had nothing beside my clothes, keys and water bottle. At least it was a summer day and many people were outside and one of them had a spare tissue in her purse.
  • Monticello
    Monticello Posts: 16 Member
    Snakes on a trail run!

This. I'm tired of these mother effin snakes on these mother effin trails. I used to bike a trail in the Orlando area that had snakes that were really good at laying in the middle of the trail and looking remarkably like sticks until you were right next to them. EEEEK!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    After hearing all this, I think I'll stick to my treadmill :noway: :laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    When I'm not smart enough to check the radar and go running with my iPod..... right before a torrential downpour. I ruined my iPod shuffle like that.

I dunno if this would help in the future, but I keep a little plastic sandwich baggie tucked in my armband for that situation- I call it my cell phone emergency poncho.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    I just started running. I had never run in the rain and thought it might be cool. So...I leash up my Forrest puppy and head out in a hat, raincoat and with music. About 10 minutes in it starts pouring. I kept going figuring I was soaked, how much wetter could I get. Turns out a lot. My hat soaked clear though, my raincoat soaked clear through. My pants stuck to my legs. The rain started pouring sideways with crazy winds. I couldn't even see my dog anymore because my glasses were not being protected by my hat anymore. I didn't have a phone. Walked home 2 mikes in that crap. Turns out there was a tornado warning in effect. Doh!
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Worst thing for me- MY BRA BREAKS! I don't even walk around the house without a bra because I have bigger boobs and my shoulders can't take it!

Also, one time my dad was out on a run and got attacked by a dog. He had a few unkind words with the lady and then she called him a child molestor and called the cops on him. WTF?

My bra broke on the first date with my hubby.. So I decided to go with it and take everything else off. Married 5 years.

I like your style!!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    These make me LOL!! :laugh:

Ok, so what is the deal with the "runner's diarrhea?"

Does running bring it on?:sick:
  • ZOMBIE ATTACK!!!

I love that answer!
    My answer would be 'boxing kangaroos' which happen to live in our densely populated suburb
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    1. Mega wedgie.
    2. Pants falling off (has happened, thankfully I was on the treadmill in my own home).
    3. Bra slipping away (has also happened).
  • kennodogs
    kennodogs Posts: 29 Member
    1. Bush running and went flying over a low single wire fence that blended into the autumn leaves. Long but not deep cut across mid thigh both legs. Was moving quite quickly and must have looked a sight being airbore - and then less of a sight after I landed. If a man falls in a forest can you hear him cry?

2. 1st 24hr rogaine and while running down a dry-ish creek bed managed to go over a drop of about 8 feet straight into a stagnate pool. Excellent effort soaking self and pack in stinky water with 11 hours still to go. Then with the wet came the chaffing.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Having a flock (?) of ravens dive-bombing you, or twisting your ankle.
    The fear of tripping over a tree root, breaking a bone, sliding into the river, and iPhone not working because thick fog is > 95% humidity.
    That noise you can hear over your headphones really being one of those large wild cats and you being the proof they aren't a myth.
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Yes, twisting an ankle rates higher for me than being chased by a bear. My dog and my bear spray can help deter marauders of whatever species, but they can't help me if I roll my ankle. NOTE -- I switched to minimalist shoes (Saucony Kinvara), very low to the ground, and have not twisted an ankle in 2 years.
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    That point where you just kept going, then realize you are miles from home, and way to tired to make that return trip (but do it anyways)

Edit: Actually my worst thing was when cycling once. I'd just given blood the day before and thought cycling might be easier on my body than outright running. God a couple miles from home and was about to turn back when I felt like I was about to have a heart attack and started throwing up- with barely any warning. Lets just say the couple miles back to my house involved lots of breaks (to put my head between my legs and recover) and put me off from working out for almost a week. :(
  • Elliehmltn
    The western panhandle of Maryland. Actually black bears are pretty harmless, but running right at you a dog-leash length away is a bit much....
  • Elliehmltn
    I got charged by a black bear.

OMG! Where do you live?! That scares the *kitten* out of me!

I live in the panhandle of western Maryland, in the Allegheny Mountains (part of the Appalachians.) I'm just learning how to reply/quote on a forum :smile: