Really scale? I gained weight after I pooped?!

12346»

Replies

• purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    bump :bigsmile:
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    :laugh: I'm sorry my inner 12 year old is very amused
  • i_Cyb3r_i
    i_Cyb3r_i Posts: 1 Member
    >BUMP<!

OK - Found this thread after trying to find SOMETHING that would explain why we weigh more (.5 to 1 lb) after we poop!

It's a regular question on Google and DuckDuckGo.

We got a high end scale after going through 5 before - all telling us we weighed more after a bm.

Still....seeing this thread started in 2012 - there seems to be no real answer....but a LOT of funny ones :smile:

So, since 2013 - has anyone found the answer to the "negative" poops?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    i_Cyb3r_i wrote: »
    >BUMP<!

OK - Found this thread after trying to find SOMETHING that would explain why we weigh more (.5 to 1 lb) after we poop!

It's a regular question on Google and DuckDuckGo.

We got a high end scale after going through 5 before - all telling us we weighed more after a bm.

Still....seeing this thread started in 2012 - there seems to be no real answer....but a LOT of funny ones :smile:

So, since 2013 - has anyone found the answer to the "negative" poops?

Did you weigh before and then after?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    gravitational anomaly
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    don't buy a lottery ticket.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    So change the batteries and remember to warm up the scale. Most electric scales say to weigh a small object between 5-20 lbs before you weigh yourself because they tend to get stuck at or near the last number they weighed. The second item weighed will be more acurate so try that.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I think the answer will simple be: scales tend to be a bit unprecise at times, especially when standing on not fully flat ground. Thus you get weight x, go away and you might get weight x plus or minus n. Happens all the time. A poop is not particularly heavy, thus this might still happen. Oh, and don't pee on the floor where the scale is. The feet generally don't like moisture, and this can also result in odd measurements.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    I once lost 1.3 pounds. Was pretty proud of myself 😆. Tbh I never thought I would publicly brag about it though 😬