Carbs-NOOO!!!

2»

Replies

• crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    If your a granola type girl try Power Crunch Protein bars, I've only found them at 7-11 and Walmart so far. I love them, I've had the Chocolate and Vanilla and love them both . Here is their website: http://www.powercrunch.com/

I put these in my desk at work and usually have 1 a day for snack, they are 210 calories, but only 4 sugar and 10 carbs, but 13 protein! and they taste like a cookie!

hero-home1.jpg
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Carbs don't prevent weight loss. If you take in too many calories, that prevents weight loss.
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
  • bump
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member
    Boiled Eggs
    Sausage Patties
    Single serving of most fruits
    Pepperoni
    String Cheese
    Mini-Babel Cheese
    Greek yogurt
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I didn't avoid carbs and I lost weight. Do some research on this and determine which carbs you should cut out and those that you should keep.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Hard boiled eggs are quick and easy to grab in the morning.
    I always have a stash of beef jerky nearby!
    Oddly enough, sometimes I enjoy a protein shakes for my mid-day snack.

Other things I love to snack on (lower carb):
    Sargento real cheese blocks
    Black olives (the kind in water, not oil)
    Pork Rinds (I know, but they are tasty to me)
    Sliced mushrooms, celery and bell peppers with ranch
    Boiled (or grilled) chicken cut into strips.. put in baggie for on-the-go munching
    Turkey bacon (must have!! - I love this stuff)
    Nuts - almonds, pistachios etc
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I have been on MFP before but back at it as of yesterday. I am looking for more foods that are not so high in carbs because it is so easy to grab a bar or something when hungry but I do know that alot of carbs can prevent weight loss. What are some snacks I can reach for when hungry that are not so high in carbs but also healthy of couse?

All that matters is calories and a calorie deficit for weight loss. Eat less calories = calorie deficit. Macros do not matter for weight loss. Eat what you like within your calories budget, mostly healthy the best you can. Nothing else matters. Exercise so you look good when you lose the weight.

Even in maintenance I keep control of the carbs because they typically happen to be high in calories. I love vegetables, meat, fish, chicken, spices, Greek yogurt, string cheese, cottage cheese, PB2 powder, peanut butter when I can afford the calories, melons and apples are fairly low calorie.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    www.mikesdailyapple.com has a bunch of great low/no carb snack ideas.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    WOW!! Thanks for all the replies!! I appreciate them all and reading them all have given me alot of more ideas on what to snack on. I was never meaning to say carbs were bad..Didn't mean to come across that way. I was told that alot of carbs are not good and I don't want to go over what myfitnesspal.com has set for me.