Best thing about your home town/city?

Replies

• TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Chicago, need I say more? Beaches. Gorgeous downtown. Beautiful Suburbs. Lake Michigan. Sears Tower (which I refuse to call Willis Tower). The Taste. I could go ON & ON.

Beaches??? It's a lake man
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Two bars and two liquor stores.

^^^ This
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Best thing about whereI live.... I am 10 minutes outside of NYC!:smile:
    Worst thing about where I live... I am 10 minutes outside of NYC....LOL! :grumble:
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    I'm from New York City, Brooklyn to be exact, what's the best thing about it? Everything!!!! I can get a great slice of pizza on every corner of the city, Lady Liberty is our guardian, Times Square the crossroads, the Brooklyn Bridge a Seventh Wonder, the people are tough and take no nonsense. It's a city so nice they named it twice. . It's a concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there is nothing you can't do. Let's here it for New York.

But you can't buy a coke over 16 oz.... :sad:
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    4am last call at the bars
    Wings
    Beef on Weck

No earthquakes
    No hurricanes
    No Tornados
    No mud slides
    I deal with Snow, get a foot overnight, push it out of the way in about 10 minutes and I am on my way.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    4am last call at the bars
    Wings
    Beef on Weck

where is this magical place?
  • Living near/in Boston is pretty sweet. There always seems to be a game going on in the City (plus our teams kick *kitten* besides the Sox this year)
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,641 Member
    The trails, mountains and the greenery!! So beautiful where I live!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    There is a ton of stuff to do inside as well as outdoors. If you get bored in my city then there has to be something very wrong with you. HA!!!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,524 Member
    It is home! and the river!!!
  • TyFit08
    I'm from New York City, Brooklyn to be exact, what's the best thing about it? Everything!!!! I can get a great slice of pizza on every corner of the city, Lady Liberty is our guardian, Times Square the crossroads, the Brooklyn Bridge a Seventh Wonder, the people are tough and take no nonsense. It's a city so nice they named it twice. . It's a concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there is nothing you can't do. Let's here it for New York.

But you can't buy a coke over 16 oz.... :sad:

True LOL,, good thing I don't drink soda.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Chicago, need I say more? Beaches. Gorgeous downtown. Beautiful Suburbs. Lake Michigan. Sears Tower (which I refuse to call Willis Tower). The Taste. I could go ON & ON.

^^^My mom tried to convince me, if you can't see the other side it's not a lake. whatevs! It's a lake.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Baltimore has the coolest name..."Charm City"

alot of history as well...national athem (Fort Mchenry) francis scott key
    (comes to mind)
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    the food.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    The Oregon DUCKS....great Micro Brews....left leaning liberals....bike paths...hiking trails....great bus system....great tap water...lots of rain...thrift shops...DUCKS...family friendly priced art world....clean air...shoot name one thing no way.

Eugene/Springfield, Oregon...Oh and the DUCKS
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    I grew up in a small town in Northern Utah ( Morgan, Utah). I loved growing up there. I lived on a small farm. The schools were small so you knew everyone. My graduating class was 112. My parents still live there and I love to go visit often. I love driving down the road and having everyone wave to you. Sadly, housing has boomed there and land is expensive there.
  • amazing mountain views
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Dont have to look when you cross the road :laugh:
  • Being less than an hour from the beach, mountains and desert and only 3 hrs from vegas.
  • TyFit08

^^^My mom tried to convince me, if you can't see the other side it's not a lake. whatevs! It's a lake.

Exactly. I live in Toronto now and so the "Beach" is Lake Ontario. NYC is not known for its beaches, but we got them and the metropolitan area is surrounded by the ocean, so I just have a hard time getting with the lake beach.