KFC

124»

Replies

• Eat the grilled chicken from KFC, but take off the skin first...you'll be eliminating much of the fat! And eat a vegetable and have water to drink :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I would maybe tell your sister about the absolutely horrible conditions the KFC chickens are kept in. The worst in the business. So if she'd like you guys to eat chickens that were packed together, in feces, with non-working legs, in mass cages...then KFC is for her. ;-)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,864 Member
    http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/

Download the pdf guide.

I see that caesar side salad without dressing and croutons is 40 cals. Add the Hidden Valley low fat Ranch dressing for another 35. Green beans are only 25.

I do like KFC admittedly, and would get crispy chicken ceasar sans dressing and croutons (340) + Hidden Valley low fat Ranch packet (35) + green beans (25).
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    After all that...we had a pub lunch instead :laugh:
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    I love KFC. My favorite healthy meal there is the grilled chicken breast, green beans and mashed potatoes without gravy. Total of 350 calories. Avoid the biscuit as it is 180 calories! :)
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    +1 on declining
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    +1 on declining

Thank you :smile:
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    I read through the entire thread, and my curiousity consumed me. I wanted to know what you decided on. So funny you ended up somewhere else. lol!
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    I particular don't like their grilled chicken, at least the one that I go to. It don't have much flavor to it. I would go by the calories that you have for today. Have a small lunch and let the bulk of your calories be for dinner. Going to KFC and places like that are ok sometimes, it's all in portion control. Today for instance, I'm going out to dinner with friends. I had a light lunch and I will make sure that I work out for 45 minutes today. I already checked out the menu so I know what I'm going to have. But if I go over my calories today, I'm not going to sweat it. I don't make it habit going over my calories but I know that I will do better tomorrow and work out more. I wasn't feeling good this week, so my exercising was minimal.

Have a great dinner.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Affect.

;)
    And the winner is... you!

Hmm think someone needs to get their dictionary out...
    Oh, I agree. ;)
    [/quote

Oh your such a spelling zelot.!! :yawn:
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    just eat the damn chicken, spend 15 minutes extra on cardio.
    don't listen to the people here.

LOL, this for sure.. it's not that serious. Their grilled chicken is quite tasty. Quality time with the Sis is always fun time! Enjoy :happy:
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwich - 320 calories and satisfying after just eating one. It's high in sodium and doesn't have the best nutritional value but if you're going to have something while you're there this sandwich is always my choice because I think any chicken that comes in a bucket (grilled or not) is just wrong fundamentally.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    And not that it matters to anything pertinent to the OP, but it is AFFECT that would be the correct usage. Sorry, but it was being used in the wrong vernacular. Just saying.
    For example, THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF PESTICIDE EXPOSURE IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. -or-
    WE MAY BE AFFECTED BY PESTICIDE EXPOSURE IN NEGATIVE WAYS.

More simply, EFFECT is a noun or plural noun. AFFECT is a verb.

Your post is effecting my will to live and I feel I may quite possibly die of boredom if you feel the need to affect me anymore with your dull information which as I read isn't even particularly correct. Seriously my life isn't dull enough to even come back to this thread to respond to the highly intelligent repost you will no doubt reply with. Laters!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    After all that...we had a pub lunch instead :laugh:

Now, go to KFC, order a bucket of chicken, deep fried not grilled, eat some, take a picture and post it to this thread with your tongue out and a sign that says, "People need to lighten up, once in a while won't kill you!" Turning down the occasional day out with family and friends is no way to live. I get not eating out at fast food everyday, but when you're invited and they're paying...why not? This is something I plan on doing for the rest of my life, and if I have to turn down a free meal or time with family and friends to do it, then I'm just going to stay fat and happy!