Overweight News Anchor in Wisconsin

2»

Replies

• optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    I think that guy was a complete and utter idiot!! Bravo for the news anchor!! I commend her for how she handled the situation in publicly exposing him as a bully. Being a wife, mother, and working full time is not easy. I do it every day and I only have one 2 yr. old - she has 3 children!! I would love to see who that guy is just to see what his life is like. He probably does a fraction of what she does all day.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    The news station that she works for identified the man who sent the e-mail and asked for an interview. He declined, but this was his response...

<WKTB said Kenneth W. Krause submitted the following statement in response to Livingston's editorial:

"Given this country's present epidemic of obesity and the many truly horrible diseases related thereto, and considering Jennifer Livingston's fortuitous position in the community, I hope she will finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of Coulee Region children by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year, and, to that end, I would be absolutely pleased to offer Jennifer any advice or support she would be willing to accept.">

What a complete jerk. He totally doesn't think what he did was wrong. Unreal.
  • She is an impressive, assertive woman. Each person has to choose this journey for themselves. Nothing worse than a reformed (fill in the blank).
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    "Weigh" in, please...

Nice one *claps*
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    I don't understand why she finds offense to a man trying to help her prolong her life and serve as an example. She could have used this as an opportunity to take charge of her life and inspire others.

Watching television from my home in Europe, I find that it is much more acceptable to make a comment that man made to public figures, and people criticized usually acknowledge it. Every form of honesty if offensive to ones emotion is considered bullying over here.. if you told her she was fit and healthy she would be happy and wouldn't call the man out as a terrible human because he is lying?
    I'm a large man with a decent level of muscle mass. As such I'm going to die younger than most other humans. Want to be old and healthy? Be genetically small, eat very little and be very thin with cardio thrown in. I instead want to look large, strong and muscled, so I accept my fate of early death. Who are you to judge?