Are you kidding me?

2»

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    You can use 12 oz of seltzer water too. For frosting you can get fat free cool whip, two packages of sugar free pudding and two cups of milk. Mix together. I don't remember that the calorie count is.

The seltzer water is a good idea of those who don't want to use diet soda either for the taste or the artificial sweetner. Thanks for the idea!!!
  • Yes, I will be making these today!!! *ETA* They are in the oven! I used Orange Dream cake mix and Diet Mountain Dew. Ill let you know how they turn out!
    **Done, and they are good!!! No chemical taste here!
  • Yes, I will be making these today!!! *ETA* They are in the oven! I used Orange Dream cake mix and Diet Mountain Dew. Ill let you know how they turn out!
    **Done, and they are good!!! No chemical taste here!

that sounds good, i dont like moutain dew not for the taste but the amount of caffiene but that does sound yummy i might make those lol
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    ima have to try this one of these days!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    add two egg whites, you guys- they do make a difference in how much the cake rises and they only add 34 calories to the entire cake. Trust me, I have done it 50 times, and with eggs is better!! frost with pudding and ZOWIE even my hubby obbles it up and has NO idea it is reduced-calorie cake.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    add two egg whites, you guys- they do make a difference in how much the cake rises and they only add 34 calories to the entire cake. Trust me, I have done it 50 times, and with eggs is better!! frost with pudding and ZOWIE even my hubby obbles it up and has NO idea it is reduced-calorie cake.

I was going to say, I made diet soda and chocolate brownie mix once (a recipe I found here) and it was a flat, floppy goo with a poor taste. :sad:

Thanks for the egg white tip, Lucky.
  • bump these sound SO yummy!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    ok, so i tried the diet pop cake and its surprisingly great!! i had the funfetti cake mix and i used diet faygo cream soda and i used some eggbeaters. the lil cup that has 2 servings is only an extra 60 cals. it baked fine. then for frosting i used some vanilla pudding mix. i dont have skim milk so i used my 1/2 % so that added a lil more cals. then i mixed in a lil cool whip and a lil of my sugar substitute. i think its called nuvella or something. im keeping it in the fridge cuz i dont want the pudding to run plus i think the pudding has to be refridgerated. of course its not buttercream (yum!!) but this is good! each piece is 108 cals and 2 g fat. the pieces are small, but that keeps me from eating it all at once!! and my kids... omg... couldnt stop saying how great it was and it was the best cake i ever made....lol!!! i tried making brownies today with the pop and the eggs and YUCK!!! EEEEEEWWWW!!! what a waste i tried a piece and was like hell nooooo and threw that *kitten* away! it was like rubber!! i dont recommend making brownies!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Well I just made a verison. Chocolate swiss cake mix with Diet Dr Pepper.

One thing that I found out, I was wondering about the nutritional values with the cake mix.
    My box also says 170 calories per 1/12 serving this is RAW CAKE MIX not including oil and eggs.

I found out very quickly as it comes out to 2040 calories at C-396 P - 24g F-54g.
    According to cake mix you would add 3 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil.
    3 eggs have 18grams fat
    1/2 cup of oil has 109-112grams of fat.

Hence, nutrition value on side of box is only for ingredients in box, not for cooked product.
This discussion has been closed.