• kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    bump
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Bump!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Did it with the dark chocolate fudge mix mentioned above. Delicious. Thank you!
  • elmo61377
    elmo61377 Posts: 3 Member
    bump!
  • Definitely NOT zero points, but delish!!
    I used the sugar-free chocolate cake mix (which is hard to find) and took the time to do all of the calculations. My version (SF choc) has 3 points+
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Sounds Great! Thanks for that
  • rubystemkowski
    rubystemkowski Posts: 16 Member
    I am currently on the weight watchers diet and when I stumbled across this recipe I was kind of hesitant. It's delicious, zero Points Plus, and it's cake!

1 box of angel food cake mix
    1 box of YOUR CHOICE OF CAKE MIX.
    ** first box has to be angel food cake.
    Mix them together well in an ziplock bag or an air tight container.

Now, here's the recipe.. it's literally as easy as 3-2-1...:tongue:
    3 tablespoons of the blended cake mix.
    2 tablespoons of warm water.
    -mix in a microwave safe coffe cup-
    1 minute in the microwave.

You end up with a light, delicious individual cake. I have one almost every night for my dessert. You can even top it off with a little bit of whip cream and a fruit of your choice. ENJOY :wink:
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    bump, thanks!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Calories per Ingredient
    Here are the foods from our food nutrition database that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe.

Calories per serving of 3, 2, 1 Cake (105)

59 calories of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix, 1/12 mix, (0.33 serving)

46 calories of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix 1/12 pkg (38g mix), (0.33 serving)

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calories.asp?recipe=1843964

Would this calculation be for ANY cake mix? or just for the dark chocolate fudge?

The calories would be different depending upon what flavor of cake you use.You would have to figure 1/12 of the total calories.

I can see myself at the grocery store this weekend calculating out what 1/12 of a cake mix would be to find the lowest and best tasting one! :tongue:

This sounds so yummy!!! I do have a 5 minute cake recipe (it includes prep time) but it is probably higher in calories then this.
  • chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    I haven't read through all of the responses yet, but did some quick calculations of my own, and here's what I found...

1 box of cake mix is approx. 456g X 2 boxes = 912 grams

I did assume cake mix weighs the same as flour (120g/cup). There are 16 Tablespoons per cup, so there are 7.5g/Tablespoon (120 / 16). Which works out to 121Tablespoons for both boxes of cake mix (900 / 7.5), and a serving size of 22.5g (3 Tablespoons..7.5x3).

I put two boxes of dry cake mix (I used BC Angelfood and BC Choc Fudge) into the MFP recipe builder and put the serving size at 40 (121 / 3) and came up with the following:

Cal: 82
    Carbs: 18
    Fat: 0
    Protein: 1
    Fiber: 0

It put this into my WW calculator and it comes out to 2, not Zero.

~Chelle
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    I haven't read through all of the responses yet, but did some quick calculations of my own, and here's what I found...

1 box of cake mix is approx. 456g X 2 boxes = 912 grams

I did assume cake mix weighs the same as flour (120g/cup). There are 16 Tablespoons per cup, so there are 7.5g/Tablespoon (120 / 16). Which works out to 121Tablespoons for both boxes of cake mix (900 / 7.5), and a serving size of 22.5g (3 Tablespoons..7.5x3).

I put two boxes of dry cake mix (I used BC Angelfood and BC Choc Fudge) into the MFP recipe builder and put the serving size at 40 (121 / 3) and came up with the following:

Cal: 82
    Carbs: 18
    Fat: 0
    Protein: 1
    Fiber: 0

It put this into my WW calculator and it comes out to 2, not Zero.

~Chelle

This is really helpful. Thank you.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    bump...can't wait to try this
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Google this .. It is called 3 2 1 cake..
  • wink212
    wink212 Posts: 46 Member
    bump
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Saving for later.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Bump
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Bump so I have the recipe!