Can someone please explain cheat days?

2»

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Um, if you are really only eating 1400-1600 calories and you are burning 800, then you aren't eating enough. Sorry. Your body can't get by on 600-800 calories with that much exercise. Cut back on your workouts, or eat more.

As far as your question, I don't believe in cheat days, but I know they work for some people. I try to give myself a treat most days that fits into my calories and macros so that I don't feel the need to "cheat." I think that you need to cheat a little if you are really depriving yourself, tho, so if you are more comfortable doing it all one day instead of a little each day, then go for it.

Good luck.

Absolutely agree.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    I'm like others. I just eat whatever I want as long as I stay under my allotment and exercise. One less thing to worry about.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I both eat back exercise calories and do unlogged cheat days. I have been eating better and losing weight for 14 months and would not have got to where I am without doing both.

My cheat days generally coincide with birthdays, holidays etc, are planned, and I eat what I like. I could go for a couple of months without a cheat day, or have a couple a week apart. For me cheat days have nothing to do with calorie cycling, and more to do with not letting my diet put a downer on my and my friends and family's big days and accepting that this journey is a marathon and not a sprint. I also find that they help put paid to some people's idea that my diet involves me starving myself.

The day after a cheat day I am back to my normal eating plan with no guilty feelings, or the need to try to make up lost ground. I don't count bad days as cheat days, as these are unplanned and will be logged.

I accept that this will horrify some people, and I am not advocating anyone do the same, but it works well for me.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member

I accept that this will horrify some people, and I am not advocating anyone do the same, but it works well for me.

No point in being horrified when you have one of the highest losses I have seen on mfp! Great job!
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    The only days I lose a couple of days after are days I've cheated - a LOT. :P
  • jeffreyjording
    jeffreyjording Posts: 67 Member
    In my 400+ days on MFP I can honestly say I have gone over my calorie goal maybe 10 times. I feel that planned cheat days would probably turn into cheat weekends and more. It's all about lifestyle change, not just diet. Portion control is the key for me..Also structuringating and exercise important for me also. Your going to have bad days. Dont sweat it and try to do better the next