Don't tell me you haven't done this

13»

Replies

• ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Almost all humor has the potential of offending someone. Think of any joke you know and there will be a demographic that could take offense to it. Having a really twisted sense of humor myself, I find more things funny than most people I know, so I am probalby not the best person around to judge on this issue!

Challenge Accepted!

Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because Seven Eight Nine!

How do you make a tissue dance? Put a lil boogie in it.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    Almost all humor has the potential of offending someone. Think of any joke you know and there will be a demographic that could take offense to it. Having a really twisted sense of humor myself, I find more things funny than most people I know, so I am probalby not the best person around to judge on this issue!

Challenge Accepted!

Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because Seven Eight Nine!

How do you make a tissue dance? Put a lil boogie in it.

7 8 9?!?!? The horror!!! :noway:

And boogies?!?!?!?! :sick:

How dare you, sir...how dare you! My delicate sensibilities have been highly offended...for shame!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Working in healthcare it's kind of a prerequisite to have a sick and demented sense of humor................I fit in perfectly:)

same here, after three years working mental health, I have one warped sense of humor!

I don't work health care but almost 10years customer srvc jobs....I HAVE to be PC on the job... haha that's why I'm so damn good at my job. However growin up in the family that makes the crudest jokes, I have developed a similar sense of humor

One time on the job though, I had a VERY unhappy customer I was trying to help....she's getting frustrating and it was understandable and she says, "damnit cracka fix it and fix now!"
    Without missing a beat I responded, "Ma'am I prefer white chocolate thank you very much and I am trying to fix it but you bellowing at me isn't going to help"

Lmfao! How did you respond like that and not laugh?

There have been sooo many times I have to catch myself and sometimes even mute the phone. Thank god I don't have to talk face to face with the patients!

OH I've definitely muted the phone many a times or pretended to shoot myself or stab the phone hahaha

I laughed after the fact....obviously NEVER forgot this particular incident!

I worked at furniture store at the time and when anything went wrong, I was one of the people you got to yell at ie 10k worth of furniture delivered, 5k damaged....haha but I did get employee of the month twice in 6 mos just b/c I was that good at it
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Working in healthcare it's kind of a prerequisite to have a sick and demented sense of humor................I fit in perfectly:)

same here, after three years working mental health, I have one warped sense of humor!

I don't work health care but almost 10years customer srvc jobs....I HAVE to be PC on the job... haha that's why I'm so damn good at my job. However growin up in the family that makes the crudest jokes, I have developed a similar sense of humor

One time on the job though, I had a VERY unhappy customer I was trying to help....she's getting frustrating and it was understandable and she says, "damnit cracka fix it and fix now!"
    Without missing a beat I responded, "Ma'am I prefer white chocolate thank you very much and I am trying to fix it but you bellowing at me isn't going to help"

Lmfao! How did you respond like that and not laugh?

There have been sooo many times I have to catch myself and sometimes even mute the phone. Thank god I don't have to talk face to face with the patients!

Just out of curiosity, how did she respond, if at all?
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    I ask this out of curiosity....why do we naturally assume someone is insecure or an *kitten*-hole because they find humor in something that is not politically correct

ie: fat jokes, the Hitler+McDonalds picture floating around, your mama jokes, the bearded fat lady....ppl of walmart
    I won't lie: when someone makes a joke that includes the word "retard" or "retarded" I do think their an *kitten*. That is just not funny.
  • I personally dont get offended about 'jokes'.. i take them in the way they were meant... for humor... when i lived in england, i fell in love with a comedian there called Chubby Brown.. he is known as the most offensive comedian over there.... no demographic is safe from his jokes... i laugh at them all... even when they are about fat people, americans, etc... funny is funny.. you cant please EVERYONE.... no matter what you say (just about), joke or not, you have the ability to offend someone.. whether its about religion, politics, etc...people need to lighten up.. imho
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    This pretty much sums me up in a nutshell...

picture-power-sense-of-humor-10-1-11.jpeg

Are we related?