Would you stay in a relationship if?

1235»

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    If you place sex above love, its never worth being in the relationship from the get go.

This is one reason why so many no longer honor the vows they take for one another.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    when you are married, its for life. if you're not married, you shouldn't be having sex.

Oopsies.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,649 Member
    Of course I'd stay... The only way to get better at sex is to practice, and I like practicing.

Let's say he isn't interested in sex. You all haven't had sex in about a year. What then?

If this is a man you are talking.. not interested in sex for a year?? You could be dealing with a couple of different issues here:

1. He's not physically attracted to women any longer
    2. He's got some physical/physiological problems, such as ED or some other disorder that interrupts function
    3. He's having an affair with someone else.

If I was a woman in a relationship that the man was not interested in sex for more than a week - I'd know there was something wrong. After a month, we'd either be talking about it between us or I'd encouraging him to seek medical attention. For a man to go that long and not want sex, there is something wrong, seriously wrong.

That being said, I would not end my marriage due to "bad sex". Marriage means I am committed to my man. For better or worse, through sickeness and health, til death us do part.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    I would...Sex isn't everything to me..Maybe I am too sexually immature, but a relationship is more about emotional connection, bonding, sharing experiences, and love. Great sex is a bonus that can be worked on over time. There may become a time when I don't love my partner or find him attractive anymore. However, that is not enough for me to leave relationship....
  • If you place sex above love, its never worth being in the relationship from the get go.

This is one reason why so many no longer honor the vows they take for one another.

^ My thoughts exactly!! If a person leaves someone because of bad sex they obviously have communication problems. If the sex life is lacking and you truly love the person, you'll speak to them about it and you'll both fix things. x
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Not a chance, but I also wouldn't stay in a relationship with a mean person, a rude person, a lazy person or if any of the other traits that I find important are lacking...
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    The doctor and psychologist, after physical problems are ruled out I would start talking about polyamory. Who says one person has to provide everything in a relationship.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    You had a bad sex life? If so, what would be the deal breaker in your relationship?

I had to add, this isn't about me and my husband; it's steaming off a debate on Facebook. I was just curious on others responses.

By "bad sex life" do you mean sex is bad in general or it's not often enough?

For me, if there's little to no sex in a relationship, discussions have been had and it still hasn't improved then that's a big issue. Regardless of what people here might say sex IS a big portion of a relationship. If I wanted to be in a sexless relationship I'd just hang out with friends.

Now if the sex is bad and I mean in the sense that he's just not satisfying me then I need to speak up and tell him what I want and how to make me feel good.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Of course I'd stay... The only way to get better at sex is to practice, and I like practicing.

Let's say he isn't interested in sex. You all haven't had sex in about a year. What then?

Simple ... he's getting it elsewhere ...
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    As long as nothing was underlying like cheating ect i'd love my partner no matter what, there are other ways to please besides sex :wink:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    I don't think it's a big deal. I would never force it upon someone and as a person myself I don't require it that much. I honestly think it boils down to both person's expectations. If they both keep each other happy whether there is sex or not then it shouldn't be an issue.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Been married for 17 years. A few years back, my wife's sex drive just went away.
    She's been to doctors, we've been to counseling. Nothing. Nada.
    I know it hurts her to feel like she feels. She doesn't "mean it." It just is.

Should I divorce the woman I love, the mother of my children, because I pretty much don't ever "get any?"

Doesn't sound like the vows I took.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Been married for 17 years. A few years back, my wife's sex drive just went away.
    She's been to doctors, we've been to counseling. Nothing. Nada.
    I know it hurts her to feel like she feels. She doesn't "mean it." It just is.

Should I divorce the woman I love, the mother of my children, because I pretty much don't ever "get any?"

Doesn't sound like the vows I took.

Totally agree with you. But if I wasn't yet married, and while this may sound shallow.. if we were in our young 20s, I'm sorry..
    I'm just not strong enough to do that.

I hope your wife can find some sort of solution!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    If we were just dating, I'd end it. I would not commit to a life sans sex. But, once committed....