Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    EVERYBODY can use a little MAKE UP! =D
    I disagree.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    My Stance: "Make-up is nice, but I am way too lazy to bother with it"

Pretty much that. Even if I wanted to bother with it, I'm pretty much clueless. I have no idea how to pick colors or apply it properly. For most of my life, the rare times I do wear makeup, it's usually just lipstick/gloss and eyeliner. Mascara and blush if I'm gettin' real fancy. lol

I actually would like to know how to apply/pick it so I went for a consultation at the Clinique counter. The lady did it all. I bought some products because I liked it in the store. Once I got out into the natural lighting, it just looked very heavy. Also, my husband was not pleased with it. His reaction was, "What is all over your face? Are you planning on actually doing that? Please don't. I like the way you look without it and I don't wanna worry about your face coming off everywhere when I kiss you." So I ended up taking the stuff I bought back.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    I love doing makeup. But, I rarely wear it anymore, because I just don't feel I need it. I do something weird though, some would think. I dye my eyelashes :/ Because I have blond eyelashes so when I don't wear mascara I look like i pluck my eyelashes out lol.

But I will admit, sometimes I get carried away because I do it if I'm bored, or sometimes even do it as a stress reliever. I get cranky when I get ready, so sometimes it just creates stress, especially when I'm having what I call a "bad eyelash day" lol.

I rock the no make up, and I rock the make up. Just whatever I feel, and I never judge girls otherwise. Except, maybe, when girls shave their eyebrows off and draw them back on with sharpie. But, to each their own lol.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    The less makeup she can pull off the better!

I dated a girl who wore a ton and was awful at taking it off, terrible skin and worse, the makeup clumped up on her face where parts of it were like snowballing in the morning, it looked disgusting.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    :)

What about girls who will NOT be seen in public without makeup? Isn't that a sign they've got some self esteem issues?
  • From experience I avoid woman with too much makeup, first thing that pops into my head is insecurity and lack of confidence.

Ridiculous statement concerning make up is a billion dollar industry and millions of women wear it. Wearing makeup does not show a lack insecurity it shows a woman is taking an interest in herself and wants to feel good bout herself.

Your statement reeks of INSECURITY AND LACK OF CONFIDENCE.

Read my previous post...there is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance certain features and caking it on to hide features such as freckles.

You know I have dated quite a few woman these past few years and those that left fond memories where those that felt comfortable in their own skin....I had no need to reassure my love for them and neither did they feel the need to wear a ton of makeup to feel good about themself.

I understand what you're saying about too much and being insecure....I knew a girl in HS that wore sooooo much, it gave her horrible skin and the poor thing was picked on for it so bad too. She was "hiding" some emotional abuse it turned out..

There is a fine line with make up...too much...yeah it can be like WTF were they thinking, but I see that often. Hiding something like freckles...that's part of "who you are". I get to say that because I have them! lol And no...I've never tried hiding them.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Who cares? :drinker:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    A person doesn't have to have an excuse (as you listed) to wear any amount of make-up. It's nobody's business if, why, or how much make-up a person wishes to apply!
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Interesting fact: Most women don't wear makeup to please men. When I wear makeup it is not to attract a man, if wearing makeup means I won't get hit on I'm going to go out in makeup all the time. Men need to stop trying to dictate how women behave, dress, or wear their freaking makeup.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Thank you. Finally someone said it! I wear makeup for meeee. Not anyone else. :)
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    c'mon folks..its Friday...and its only makeup...nobody says anything about it on Halloween
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    So get over yourself and next time, keep your mouth shut.

Looks like someone should follow their own advice.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    This is such an odd post that I feel compelled to respond. Wear make-up if you like. I think (in the US) it is more conventionally acceptable to wear make-up than not to so I don't know where you think all this "hate" is coming from. I'd be shocked if there really was a large contingent of people who railed against people wearing make-up.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    c'mon folks..its Friday...and its only makeup...nobody says anything about it on Halloween

^this
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Who cares? :drinker:

Right on! This says it all ;)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    too much make up and you are hiding emotional issues
    too little make up and you dont make much of an effort

too covered up and you probably have self-esteem issues
    too little clothes and you must be a slut

i wear make up every day to work. and you know what, i look at other girls and i think just a little bit of eye-liner would really enhance your eyes. why not use a tool - the way we style our hair or use clothes - to enhance our features?

live and let live!
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    EVERYBODY can use a little MAKE UP! =D
    I disagree.

I agree with this disagreement. While I do need to take a shower eventually today, I don't need make up.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    There is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance beauty and wearing makeup to cover up your low self esteem.

I for one can't stand woman wearing too much foundation, not only do I end up ingesting it when kissing her but I am pretty damn sure on the long run I will end up having kidney failure as well.

I will always prefer the more natural look, most men do anyways.

I agree with the last line. My husband loves when I have hardly any makeup on. Infact I now only put foundation on when I'm going to get pictures professionally taken. I only put on eye makeup and lip balm. At some point you become comfortable in your own skin and find that the time it took is better spent on other things.

<<My picture is eye makeup only
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    I've had so many compliments on my makeup today ALONE I'm probably going to keep doing it like this FORRRR-EVVAAAAH!!
    Muwuwuwah, lovelies! :)
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    I always wear makeup and often I wish I could feel comfortable going out without it, however, thanks to genetics I have extremely dark circles around my eyes and I spent my entire childhood (well, my entire life up to 19) with people telling me how 'ill' I looked, constantly. I'm just used to it now, wearing foundation takes away all the natural shadow and light of your face so I feel silly with just foundation, minimum makeup for me is foundation, blush, brows and mascara.. perhaps people think I wear too much makeup, I really couldn't care less.. at least they're not feeling sorry for me being 'sick' 24/7.
    As for creativity and expression, I love wearing colourful eyeshadow and glitter, it makes me happy! Like wearing a sparkly top or a bright pink pair of shoes.. there's no difference to me.

The problem is, we can't stop judging each other. We all do it, whether it's aloud or not.. so just get over it! If you'e not doing it for other people.. it doesn't matter what they have to say about you =)