Tell me it's possible without any special diet? :(

Options
12346»

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight with no special diet. I eat what I want as long as it fits in my macros for the day. I did cut out processed foods, white carbs and sugar. But, I feel better without it.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more...that is it.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Eat less, move more...that is it.

AGREED!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I just eat within my daily calorie goal and exercise 3-4 times a week. The only thing I really try to avoid is soda, but even that I've had half a can of ginger ale now and then and thats it. Nothing fancy, no cutting out of anything, I just have it in the right portion size and balance the rest of my day.

It doesn't have to be complicated or expensive either. Just give it time and understand that sometimes it is slow and steady that wins the race.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    For me, a diet is something extreme to the "norm" you do to lose weight " I've tried my fair share, however the one and only thing that WORKS (im my humble opinion) is counting calories and exercising. NOW i hear you all shout but thats a DIET!! Kinda, however I have found in order to lose weight you need to change your lifestyle anyway.

"We are what we do... Not what we did. Now if we continue doing what we used to do, we can't be upset that we are still what we were, simply because we're still doing what we did!"

Anyway, I've found to be healthy, you have to BE HEALTHY!!!! Clever huh?!? :wink: Seriously though, change your lifestyle, eat more food that is good for you and less crap and exercise. Be strict whilst losing the weight but once it's off, allow yourself the odd drink or meal out with you better half. The key is balance, I've failed before and gained it all back, but now I see food and exercise differently.

I guess it's hard for a lot of people to admit that you do have to change the way you are to be successful at this, but you really do, there is no shortcut, not in my opinion anyway.

In the words of the hodgetwins "this is all just advice, do what the F&*K you wanna do!!" :laugh:
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    I will occasionally pull out the lose ten in 3 days Military diet when I havn't lost in awhile, like right now. I have never lost the full 10 pounds but it keeps me moving in the right direction and makes me more aware of how much more I eat when just following the MFP guidlines.

Also because of my other health issues the dr reccomends a 1200 calorie diet which I can't seem to stick to regardless. The occasional drastic change keeps me happy with my MFP reduction instead of thinking back to how I was eating when I was not counting jack.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well if someone wants them to go on a program than let them i mean any program can work as long as you stick to it... But none of those diets that you listed are proved by doctors and they hardley have any nutrition or support behind them/

Low carb diets have tons of nutrition behind them. It's about getting your carbs from veggies and eating meat.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I eat what a want, just smaller portions and I exercise for stress relief and weight loss. To me, special diets restrict you on certain things and I think unless you are really committed to restricting yourself for the rest of your life (ie: no carbs), you'll just be on a yo-yo diet and that's not good nor healthy.
  • crgrady7367
    Options
    "Diets", per se, don't seem to work for me. I have found that if you eat a really good breakfast with lots of protein, carbs, etc., then I don't snack nearly as much or I don't get hungry as much before lunch. I try to just watch what I eat and not eat too much of it, and if I'm craving something sweet, I eat just a little bit of it. Also, I try to get in my 64oz of water a day. To do my water, I get the different flavored Krystal Light especially the strawberry, orange and banana drink - similar to Krystal Light - only place I can find that is at Wal-Mart though. I've finally lost 6 lbs this past week, and I haven't done that in a while! I had been at a standstill for so long! But try not to do what I did today, I ate a very good breakfast but then didn't take time out to eat lunch so then I get the shakes and could eat anything under the sun but I did good, just eating a really good salad. So just keep in there, and try starting out your day by eating a very good balanced breakfast where you get most of your carbs in first thing in the day. Let me know how it goes!
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't think it takes a special diet, just common sense. Obviously calorie for calorie you can lose weight if you only ate 1000 calories of potato chips a day, but you would not be healthy. But to be healthy, you have to make healthy choices. Most everyone knows that you should be eating plenty of protein, vegetables, fruits and complex carbohydrates. The beauty of MFP is that you can use it to tailor your meals and food choices to your macros. I fiddle with my daily meals until I am close to my goals. I do allow myself one free day so I can splurge on any indulgence that have called my name all week. And as stated many times before. MOVE. If you enjoy food, move more - you get more calories that way!