Chicago Vs New York The Pizza Debate

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Clearly what Chicagoans call pizza isn't pizza. It can be tasty when done right, but let's not call it pizza. Pizza is done best by those located in the pizza belt: NY, NJ, Conn, RI and from time to time Boston.

I just had a pie from Pepe's in New Haven a few days ago. That's a tasty pie. In general, however, the correct answer to "What's the best pizza?" is "Neapolitan."

PiccoPizza.jpg

^^^^^You cannot go wrong with a Neapolitan Margherita pizza that has been wood fired in a brick oven. As far as who makes it? Lombardi's in Soho. The ultimate clam pie is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I can't walk down the street eating chicago pizza for dinner, dressed to the nines, in heels, running late and finish it by the time I get to the train without completely destroying my hair, makeup, purse and outfit.

Ny'ers are busy, ambitious, super awesome people with sht to do. Hell almost none of us have the patience for cars.

Different city. Different needs.

What do y'all do over there anyway?

Sports? Lolol I lie jk
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 995 Member
    Chicago all the way!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    New York all the way! Make mine extra sauce and extra cheese please!
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    hmmm, tough one...I just like pizza that is greasy. Weird, I know...I won't eat anything else that is greasy, but a slice of greasy pizza is heaven....:drinker: :laugh:
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Chicago by FAR!!!! Geno's East Pizza deep dish with sausage patty A.K.A sausage hubcap is AMAZING!!!
  • brett1117
    If it folds, its pizza.
    20100714-foldhold-full-lede.jpg
    Is that New York style pizza?? thin as a newspaper with little sauce cheese! NO thanks
  • brett1117
    HeyGrandma116.jpg

\drops the mic

edited: pic swapped because I'm a dunce at resizing pics and the original was too large to fit

Did you drop over the pizza or the lady? Because the pizza looks good, but the lady is GORGEOUS! :happy:
    People, THIS is Geno's east pizza!! Thick as Chicago phone book! SOOO hungry now
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    I prefer St. Louis style, then NY, and I don't like Chicago at all.

YES! And now I want pizza... DAMN! :grumble:
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Can i have a new yorker and a chicago man bring me pizza?

Only then can i completely decide.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Clearly what Chicagoans call pizza isn't pizza. It can be tasty when done right, but let's not call it pizza. Pizza is done best by those located in the pizza belt: NY, NJ, Conn, RI and from time to time Boston.

I just had a pie from Pepe's in New Haven a few days ago. That's a tasty pie. In general, however, the correct answer to "What's the best pizza?" is "Neapolitan."

PiccoPizza.jpg

^^^ This. Neopolitan, however if not available, NY.

Brilliant Matthews throw-back, BTW.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    I love nearly all things Chicago, but New York style pizza is the best. In the hotdog category, Chicago wins out!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    I'm a simple girl with simple needs.

New York allllllllllllllll the way.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    New York. The REAL pizza =P
  • Rtossas
    Rtossas Posts: 29
    New York all day everyday!!!!
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    What's the pizza in New York that's cheese on the bottom, sauce on the top? Freaky freaky pizza. I had that when I visited a couple years ago and I don't know why but it just didnt taste the same.

But as far as authentic New York pizza, THAT's MY pizza choice over anything else.
  • AmyFett

You know, not to mention ITALY...

But you're right. CT does have good pizza. I can't wait to go home to visit my grandparents this weekend and get some!
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    No idea what either is like, home made pizza all the way for me. :)
  • AmyFett
    If it folds, its pizza.
    20100714-foldhold-full-lede.jpg
    YES!! This is how you eat NY pizza!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    I agree - when in Chicago definitely Giordanos!!

But any other day - depends on my mood!