100 pounds GONE FOREVER!!!

Options

Replies

• jkurec
    jkurec Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you on all of your hard work and dedication to make a difference in your lives! Thank you for posting your story! This story is very inspirational to me as I am losing weight and want my husband to see that MFP can also work for him, too..only if he wants it, too :) I am going to share your story with him.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    you both look amazing!! Congrats on your success! Love you in the big pants, hope to take one of those myself some day!! :)
  • alc720
    alc720 Posts: 27
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am inspired as I am just staring my journey!
  • shaunadphillips
    shaunadphillips Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are where I want to be. This sounds just like me - battling weight my entire life (since I was in 4th grade), our starting weights and our height is also the same. I am just starting (down 11 lbs), but determined that weight will not win this time. I want/need to be healthy for me, my husband, and my 3 beautiful boys.
  • Fortitude100
    Options
    1 word...AMAZING!!!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Both of you are very inspirational and you both look AWESOME! I needed to read this story today. Very similar to mine. Good luck to you both keeping the weight off and much future happiness!!
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You and hubby just look amazing!! So happy and fit! Congratulations! You're such an inspiration! Especially the pic of you standing in your old pants! WOW!!
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    You both look AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My story is typical of a lot of people here. I think the last time I was a normal weight, I was 5 years old. After years of yo-yo dieting, struggling with infertility, 2 rounds of IVF, a twin pregnancy and several major depressions I had reached 256 pounds (I’m 5’5”). I started in March of 2011 just trying to eat less and exercise. I was going at it blindly, I had no idea how much “less” to eat or how much exercise was “enough”. A friend introduced me to MFP and it just clicked. I never turned back!
    Today I weighed in at 155 pounds!! I went from wearing a size 24 to a size 10!!

Untitled3.jpg

My whole lifestyle has changed and I will never go back to that person I was a year and a half ago. My family is healthier and happier. We are an active family now and my boys get to enjoy things like go swimming with their parents, bike rides, kayaking and hiking trips. My DH has been on this journey with me and has lost 72 pounds of his own. He is amazing and I love him so much and I am so proud of him too!!

Todd.jpg

It took me about 18 months. I had to change up what I was doing several times along the way. Right now I eat around my BMR and do 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week and ST 2x a week. My daily diet is not perfect and I enjoy the occasional “free day,” but try not to go crazy. I hit “pause” and “reset” a few times, but I never, not once allowed myself to even consider giving up. Not for one second.

I’m just a regular person. I was overweight my whole life! I am a busy wife and mom, I work full-time. I love junk food and I still don’t particularly like exercise, but I am dedicated to a better life for myself and my family. I am 5 pounds away from “normal” and 15 pounds from my ultimate goal, something I never thought would be possible! Seriously, if I can do this anyone can! Don’t ever give up! Good luck to you all!!!

pants.jpg
    dress-2.jpg
    turners.jpg

Oh my word girl you all look great!!!!!! me and my husband our doing this as well I am 45 lbs from my goal weight and he has lost 70 lbs. I needed to lose 104lbs. soooo glad you shared your journey with us. I know we can do this!!!
  • punkrockprincess23
    Options
    you and your husband look great! teamwork is the way to go!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The two of you look so amazing. Fellow canadians might appreicate this reference, but for some reason all I could think of when I looked at your after pictures were Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod from the Canadian Participation Service Announcements. You're both so fit and photogenic, you could be the next Hal and Joanne.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are amazing. I am down 96lbs and 65 more to go.
  • Kattibrie
    Kattibrie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look great. Great Job.
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    OMG!!! Congrats!!! What a blessing to see you both doing it together!!! :flowerforyou:
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK BREATHTAKING! Congratulations!
  • spring423
    Options
    Amazing transformation.... What an inspiration you both are! Congratulations!!!!!!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    wow - you both look fabulous! Congrats!
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    Freakin amazing! Inspiration for all. Thanks for sharing.
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Thanks for sharing your story, as this serves as a motivational tool. Congrats to you and your husband as well.
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You are both amazing! What a wonderful inspiration. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!