That weird thing you do...

Replies

• vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    I also will not walk through dark rooms in my house. I have to flip on another light before I turn one off. (Aside from actually going to bed).

I live in a wooded area and have a long driveway. If I get my mail at night I get a Little freaked out thinking there's zombies in the woods.
  • I dress sometimes in a mankini and roller skate ( like Cliff Richards " wired for sound video " ) around the drive through MuckDonalds....

The customers tend to throw various food items at me, which I then donate to the local homeless shelter. A win win really. Customers get exercise of a sort and homeless get to eat ;)
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    I sleep with one sock on.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    I sleep with one sock on.

on a sock related note...when i went tanning newd, i put my sock on my mule.
  • I also smell cups first!
    I used to think I was weird for doing this, but then I saw Joey do it in a episode of Friends and realised I wasn't so weird.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    I cannot take the top newspaper or magazine. I always have to take the one underneath. And if there is only one, I can't buy it
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    - I sleep most comfortably when I'm groping my own boob LOL

- I always scratch the inside of my ear with a bobby pin

- I stalk guys on Linkedin that I'm about to go on a first date with
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    When I eat M&Ms, I sort them into groups of 4 - two of one color and two of another.
    I always count steps when I walk up and down stairs.
    I swear my feet can tell if they step on different colored tiles in the hallway.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    I can walk under an awning if I'm completely underneath it but I cannot walk under the edge of the awning where I'm only halfway underneath it. I always think it's going to fall and slice my head right down the middle. *shudder*

I tap metal door handles before I grab them in case there's a shock waiting for me. Same with the handles on the freezers at the grocery store. If I can avoid the metal altogether, I will. If my husband puts a load of laundry in the dryer without a dryer sheet, I will run it again for 10 minutes or so with a couple dryer sheets in there to get rid of the static. I hate hate hate being shocked.

I hate air under pressure so my boss as work is always making me put the air nozzle on the hose and remove it again... not my favorite thing. Oddly enough, I have no fear of my air pack and feel totally comfortable working with it and breathing from it. But that damn air hose in the bay... forget it.

I'm sure there are more. I'm a whack job.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    What are some things you do that everyone else thinks is weird?

I eat my pizza with a fork.

I absoutely LOVE asparagus. Ill eat a whole plate full for dinner.

I crack every single bone in my body.

Im sure I can think of more...Im weird lol

I totally eat Pizza with a fork!
  • I don't step on the crack (or you'll break your mother's back, haha) when I'm walking on a sidewalk. Also, both feet have to have the same amount of steps within the block of sidewalk. I know it's weird, but I can't help it!
  • When I eat M&Ms, I sort them into groups of 4 - two of one color and two of another.
    I always count steps when I walk up and down stairs.
    I swear my feet can tell if they step on different colored tiles in the hallway.

yeah, that tile thing and the step counting, I do that too!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    I absoutely LOVE asparagus. Ill eat a whole plate full for dinner.

That's weird? I guess for some it would be. But, I absolutely LOVE asparagus too. :happy: But, instead of just dinner... I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.... and every snack in between. I'm addicted.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Put a bunch of ice in everything I drink. Yes, even chocolate milk.
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    I clean my ears with Q-Tips at least 3x a day!

lol me too, first thing in the morning.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    I have to have the volume on the tv/radio/stereo/....etc on an EVEN number.

I hold my breath when I drive past cemetaries.

I do the exact same thing with the even numbers lol

me too, but only because my wife brainwashed me into doing it. The even numbers thing I mean. What do you do if you have to go to a cemetary pass out from suffocation?
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    I check that everything in my pockets is in it's exact right place about every 5 minutes....everyday.
  • AmberJo1984

I do the same thing. LOL. It either has to be even or be a multiple of 5 (mostly even, though). :laugh: Everyone thinks I'm insane. Glad to know I'm not the only one. :bigsmile:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member

I do the same thing. LOL. It either has to be even or be a multiple of 5 (mostly even, though). :laugh: Everyone thinks I'm insane. Glad to know I'm not the only one. :bigsmile:

i see alot of people sharing this fear hear. at first i didn't quite understand, but now i do... you all grew up with digital TVs! this must be generational, because when i grew up, TV volume was mostly controlled by little knobs you turned by hand and many remote controls still had wires connecting them to the TV.

so this is my "OMG i'm getting old" reminder for the day. thanks. :huh:
  • AmberJo1984

i see alot of people sharing this fear hear. at first i didn't quite understand, but now i do... you all grew up with digital TVs! this must be generational, because when i grew up, TV volume was mostly controlled by little knobs you turned by hand and many remote controls still had wires connecting them to the TV.

so this is my "OMG i'm getting old" reminder for the day. thanks. :huh:

I'm sorry. Don't think of yourself as "old". Just think of yourself as more mature than us. LOL.:laugh: