I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member

Ermmm., probably? I dont really know your brand names, but I'm sure there are equivalents half of those things. Although rootbeer and iced coffee (it's too cold here....lol) are not common here. They used to sell rootbeer in McDonalds though?? I've not been in there for years so no idea if they still do?

Funny how you get used to what is available though. I'm always missing something they sell in England when I'm abroad too. I find even milk tastes different......

Quite a lot of these are available here, just under different names - I eat dill pickles like they're going out of season, and I love pita crisps (though I wish they were more widely available). Some of the specific brands are around as well, if you know where to look.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

Ermmm., probably? I dont really know your brand names, but I'm sure there are equivalents half of those things. Although rootbeer and iced coffee (it's too cold here....lol) are not common here. They used to sell rootbeer in McDonalds though?? I've not been in there for years so no idea if they still do?

Funny how you get used to what is available though. I'm always missing something they sell in England when I'm abroad too. I find even milk tastes different......

Just looked at that, and the only things I ever miss are ranch dressing and root beer. And pshhhh to iced cofffee and it being too cold. I always giggle when you UK folk (and the Aussies) complain about the cold ;) Go to where I'm from in January and you'll experience cold. I'm sure Miss MissingMinnesota (just thought that alliteration would sound awesome) can back me up on that :wink:

I don't drink coffee but my grandmother would always drink her coffee with ice and she grew up in Ct. before moving to Mn.
    Other than dill pickles (which castadiva says they have) I wouldn't miss most of the top 14, maybe rootbeer as I do like to have one every once in awhile. There were more things mentioned in the honorable mention area I would miss more than the top 14.
    After my parents visited England my dad misses the variety of kit-kats they have over there.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    I agree about the top 14 and honorable mentions. I can't remember the last time I ate anything on the Top 14 list. There were about 5 on the honorable mention list that I would want. No turkey before Christmas?
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    I would miss the cinnamon rolls.... I don't eat them often, but when I get a craving I just want a big warm, gooey roll. There's just something so good about it!!! :) Also kosher pickles are my go to run snack...good for a quick sodium pick up post-run. Otherwise, there's not much on that list I'd worry about. Especially Taco Bell. LOL

ETA - I missed the honorable mention.... I'd miss Hershey kisses, crispy bacon and cheetos. Definitely cheetos the most.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    I would miss the cinnamon rolls.... I don't eat them often, but when I get a craving I just want a big warm, gooey roll. There's just something so good about it!!! :) Also kosher pickles are my go to run snack...good for a quick sodium pick up post-run. Otherwise, there's not much on that list I'd worry about. Especially Taco Bell. LOL

ETA - I missed the honorable mention.... I'd miss Hershey kisses, crispy bacon and cheetos. Definitely cheetos the most.

The person who posted that list is either living somewhere very rural, or hasn't really bothered looking for the things they want. You can definitely buy turkey the rest of the year, and in London, at least, most of this stuff isn't hard to come by! 'Though, I do like a good cinnamon bun, so it's just as well I haven't seen the Pillsbury version! Walking past the Cinnabon in Piccadilly Circus is always a challenge.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    I don't drink coffee but my grandmother would always drink her coffee with ice and she grew up in Ct. before moving to Mn.

Iced coffee definitely started as a New England thing. It didn't really get popular in the rest of the US until a decade ago or so. Can you tell I'm a Yankee who loves my iced coffee? :laugh: It's wicked awesome (anyone get the reference? lol) :wink:

Oh and we also have a thing for ice cream... was just reading a magazine blurb the other day how NE eats more ice cream than other parts of the country... strange since we're generally a colder climate.

p.s. Ruth, where in CT was your grandmother from?
  • MissingMinnesota

Iced coffee definitely started as a New England thing. It didn't really get popular in the rest of the US until a decade ago or so. Can you tell I'm a Yankee who loves my iced coffee? :laugh: It's wicked awesome (anyone get the reference? lol) :wink:

Oh and we also have a thing for ice cream... was just reading a magazine blurb the other day how NE eats more ice cream than other parts of the country... strange since we're generally a colder climate.

Stamford my whole marternal side is from that area before my grandparents moved to MN. That side was the previllaged side while my dads side was the farmers. I still have 2nd cousins and what not that live there.
  • pa_jorg

Stamford my whole marternal side is from that area before my grandparents moved to MN. That side was the previllaged side while my dads side was the farmers. I still have 2nd cousins and what not that live there.

I grew up near New Haven, so not far at all.
  • pa_jorg
    Jen - What an awesome boss!! :)

B - Sounds like your trip is going awesome!!

Christine - I actually found it through Groupon. It's called Urban Goose Chase and they put on hunts nationwide. It's normally $99 for a team of 6, but we got it for $46. Once we registered we were given an email for friends to sign up anywhere for the same rate, so let me know if you'd like it.

Darn it I missed the one here!! Maybe next summer, but it sounds like so much fun!

Just saw a similar thing on groupon today - not sure if it's nationwide though. http://www.groupon.com/deals/stray-boots-15
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    It's wicked awesome (anyone get the reference? lol) :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:

What's Connecticut?
  • MissingMinnesota

What's Connecticut?

I thought that was a Boston thing.
  • OperationSuperKAT

What's Connecticut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQSx3OAzvb0

I *think* this is the commercial to which PJ was referring :laugh:
  • pa_jorg
    oops - duplicate post
  • pa_jorg

What's Connecticut?

Of course, I knew Kate would know! :wink:

Oh and Ruth, it is in general, but this summer has been an extra joke due to the commercial...
  • OperationSuperKAT

What's Connecticut?

Of course, I knew Kate would know! :wink:

I've heard that commercial so many times and it still cracks me up when that woman says "it's wicked awesome!" :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member

I wouldn't try taco bell in the UK. This is what i just read on wiki:

"In March 1, 2013, it was announced that horse meat had been found in Taco Bell's beef in the UK, hampering the chain's growth in that already-stubborn market"

Neigh!!! :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    I confess I posted a topic in SP twice and I am being told it isn't showing up and I am the only one that can view them. WTF!
  • MissingMinnesota
    I confess I think I need to go on a sugar detox to help with my sweet tooth lately.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I confess I'm having some mixed emotions today:
    :( - I'm really sad I'm leaving the Gold Coast today. I've had an amazing week here, and have made an awesome new friend.
    :D - I'm really excited to visit Perth, as I'm staying with my first ever MFP friend, who has become a super awesome friend over the past couple years.
  • pa_jorg
    I confess I think I need to go on a sugar detox to help with my sweet tooth lately.

You and me both. :embarassed: