Women who lift on 1800-2000 calories

Options
13»

Replies

• kels67camaro
    Options
    Trust me i am greatful about the inches and the lbs but it has taken since May. I guess i was hoping for alittle bie more by now:cry:
  • minsooky
    Options
    I just finished a bulk and am now cutting on 2000 cals. I'm a weightlifter who had to take off a couple of months due to a knee injury (while hiking of all things) but I plan to get back into it. Would appreciate the support!
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance now and only lifting twice a week doing NROLFA. My diary is open and I just started logging food again to make sure I'm doing my best to maintain - which is ~2400-2600 calories. Feel free to add me.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Another one here! Eating at a moderate cut at the moment of 1800, but do stints at maintenance of 2100 (I sit at my stupid desk ALL day, if I didnt, I would eat more). Ideally in the long run I'm hoping to get my maintenance cals up to about 2300 but have a bit of BF to lose first.

I lift heavy. I love it. My macros are pretty solid. I don't eat really clean, but definitely don't eat dirty. Just good food that fulfils my macros.

Feel free to add me. I love nothing more than seeing a 2000+ diary with plenty of protein. It excites me! LOL
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I'm inspired, but I am. Mind -> blown by everyone. Those who've reached goals - and competed! - those starting to see what's possible... those on a comeback.. It's just great.

And great to see different perspectives, too.

@3bambi3 - thank you :)
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

I did ballet and pointe, tap, and jazz from age 3-17. However, I haven't really done any dance since then, with the exception of Zumba classes here and there. I think most of the muscle was from ballet (which pretty much boils down to squats and lunges in pretty tights lol). I was actually pleasantly surprised to find it was all still there, buried under 7 years of fat.

ETA: Thanks :-) I still say wicked, so I'm going to go with yes lol

Whew :)

So you were right into it! I can see the ballet making it's mark for sure, plyo bits in there too, no? Makes sense to me.. when people do things for years and years from a young age, things get ground in somehow.

I did just a bit, til puberty, no such muscle memory for me, lol. I remember hating adagio, loving that whip-around thing (chenille??) and my teacher *never* smiling. Still love watching people, though (ie dancers, dancing).