792 calories left and the day is only half over!! HELP!!!

2»

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Since I've started logging again I don't think I've had a dinner of over 800 calories.... most were in the 500-700 calorie range.

Tonight I had a casserole of eggs, ham, green pepper, onion & swiss cheese with a roll & butter spread.
    Last night I had breaded boneless pork chops with broccoli and macaroni 'n cheese'
    Tuesday I had taco salad
    Monday I had a turkey tenderloin roast cooked with whole potatoes, onions, celery and carrots.
    Sunday I had a cheeseburger & salad
    Saturday I had baked chicken parmesan with rotini pasta and salad (and pear crepes that my child made, but that wasn't "dinner" LOL )
    Friday I had BBQ skinless chicken thighs with whole wheat pasta wheels in a parmesan/mushroom sauce & cooked carrots
    last Thursday I had a cheese omelet with scrapple and mulit-grain toast with butter spread
    last Wednesday I had mini seashell pasta & shrimp in a parma rosa sauce
    last Tuesday I had steak, au gratin potatoes and a broccoli/cauliflower/snap pea combination
    last Monday I had boneless pork loin chops, mashed potatoes with gravy and broccoli with cheese sauce
    last Sunday I had pot roast with potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, turnips and mushrooms
    last Saturday I had tuna steaks with wild rice and cauliflower

Anyway.... you get the point, there's lots to choose from!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Here is a recipe for a killer soup that my wife and I have come to love. It will run you less than 300 calories.

Brown 1/2 lb of ground beef with 1/2 onion, diced in a soup pot.
    Add 2 cans of Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 can of corn, 1 can of kidney beans.
    Add 1 tablespoon each of cumin and chili powder. If desired, add 1/8 teaspoon of ground red pepper.
    If desired add water to obtain desired consistency.

Makes 4 servings. We found that a serving is about 2 soup ladles worth.

This makes what my stepdaughter calls chili with corn in it. It is delicious and extremely easy to make.
  • cannon15
    cannon15 Posts: 26 Member
    There are lots of canned soups out there (Select Harvest, Progresso, etc.) that are only 50-80 calories per serving (2 servings per can). I find these to be very filling. I usually eat them at lunch so I have more calories left for dinner.
  • meatless white chili:
    saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender
    add: 1 can each of butter beans, great northern beans, and corn, drained and rinsed well
    1/8 c chopped cilantro
    2 tbls lime juice
    2 cans chicken broth
    oregano
    salt
    cumin
    cayenne pepper
    bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 30 min.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Net_mavin - Did you try the chicken? Hope you liked it!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    DO a spicy breaded chicken instead.
    combine breadcrumbs, pepper flakes, garlic (crushed or finely copped) and a little olive oil.
    Bread the chicken with that mixture then bake...yum
    If you used almonds instead of breadcrumbs it would be even more healthy but you really need to put them in a food processor.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Oh...that sounds delicious too! I'm going to try that next time.
  • I've got to say, i'm jealous! Most of my dinners are right around 550 cals. I can only imagine what i'd do with almost 800! Nah, I don't want to imagine that...I could potentially act on it :blushing: I have gotten fairly comfortable with my new life, but i look forward to that one meal a month where I can splurge! Unfortunately I always plan for the same thing...I curse you, pizza!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    I've got to say, i'm jealous! Most of my dinners are right around 550 cals. I can only imagine what i'd do with almost 800! Nah, I don't want to imagine that...I could potentially act on it :blushing: I have gotten fairly comfortable with my new life, but i look forward to that one meal a month where I can splurge! Unfortunately I always plan for the same thing...I curse you, pizza!

Pizza is the devil!!! However, that being said, it is possible to eat real pizza without killing your calories. We made our own crust, and loaded up on veggie toppings. My wife had 1/4 of a 12" pie and clocked in under 450 calories. I had budgeted my calories earlier in the day and was able to have 1/2 of the pie.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Chicken stuffed with goat cheese, and sauteed spinach + garlic. Ace.

This sounds really yummy! How do you prepare it?
This discussion has been closed.