Treadmill and Weight lost

Options
Im planning on buying a Treadmill and wants to use it for about 30 to 40 minutes a day and was wondering if anyone has seen great results with using their Treadmill and how long do you go for ?? I don't want to buy something that won't work

Replies

• kimberlygo
    Options
    At one point in my life, I lost 30 lbs walking on a treadmill daily for about 55 minutes. I would walk on a 5.0 incline with a speed of about 3.9. I am trying to get back there again. So far I've lost about 9 lbs in the last month using a treadmill.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you are adding 30 - 40 minutes of excercise every day...it will help!!
    Also depending on your intensity you will see results faster. I use a treadmill everyday, but i have serious ankle issues so i walk and shange up my incline, if i was able to run, i would burn more calories faster and see faster/better results.
    Good luck! :)
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    My treadmill was the best thing I have ever bought! I got it about 1 1/2 years ago, and use it almost every day! It has helped me lose around 15 pounds, and helps keep it off! I also love that I can get on whenever I want, and watched Charmed while I am at it....
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Walking/jogging/running are very effective ways to lose weight. I've used the treadmill in with workout dvds and had great results. The key to making anything bring out results is making sure you're doing an activity you like in the first place. If you like walking and running, then this would probably be a good choice for you.

I usually do about 45min - 1 hour. In that time I usually go about 4 miles if I'm jogging mostly. Sometimes it takes me about 45 min to go 2-3 miles, but that's when I'm using the incline more.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to run on the treadmill, I suggest you try the Couch to 5K program. I've never been a runner before, but I'm really enjoying it and it gives me goals for the treadmill.
  • angievill
    angievill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and work full time, so I can't go run outside. I have access to a gym since my husband is in the Army but just driving there and driving back home is 30 mins so instead I jog on my treadmill for about 40 mins at home while my daughter is playing with her toys. I can still watch her and get my work out at the same time. I try to jog at least 5 times a week on my treadmill and it's been working for me.
  • nikiholm
    Options
    I use my treadmill on days the weather does not allow me to go outside. I think it is great. I suggest getting one that links up to a program online, that way you can set a workout online and you don't have to mess around with adjusting things once you are on the treadmill. It prevents the urge to slow it down or drop the incline when you think you can't go anymore and you will always reach your goal.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get one now after reading all the good replys.... With three kids it's so hard to get out for walks/runs so im hoping i can at least use a treamill during the day and still watch my kids or use it during nap time