Are there any dudes here that take this seriously...

Replies

• Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    I hate those ab people
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    And I didn't use to do this, but after a couple of years of training/dieting and discipline I can be proud of where I am.

You can't possibly understand how good it feels to finally show off your body when you have been previously/ horribly ashamed of it what it used to look like.

When I was fat, I wouldn't even look at myself in the mirror when I got out of the shower I was so ashamed.

Thank you SO much for saying this. This is exactly how I feel right now, and why I am trying to work towards being able to take those pics someday..
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member

tumblr_mdyg0euCq21riw8svo1_250.gif

I came for the Kitty...
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Take pics even if you look down on others for it and dont plan on posting them anywhere. You will be happy you did.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Are you being biased and this is directed at dudes that have something to show? I used to post my abs, well the **** that covered them anyways. So now if were to do that again to show the change would I be in this list of people who aren't taking this seriously?
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    I hate those ab people

rofl bunch of a'holes
  • marvelprime
    marvelprime Posts: 91 Member
    If I had them, as a personal choice I wouldn't put it as a main profile pic...unless it was an insanely goofy way...but that's me.
  • Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

Its because of people like you that gyms like Planet Fitness exist with the whole "Lunk alarm" garbage.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

Its because of people like you that gyms like Planet Fitness exist with the whole "Lunk alarm" garbage.

Its great that they have a place to go. They can be all judgmental over there and leave the rest of the gyms alone.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

someone has to be horrifically shallow to like a guy who works hard for his body and take pictures? I am not into vanity, but I don't disrespect them for posting, or for a woman who wants a man who is willing to post his pictures.........how is this any different from a woman posting her successful sexy photos and a guy liking them............its human nature to be attracted to those who are attractive- especially if the fitness backgrounds of weight loss success are similar. Doesn't make anyone shallow
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    I hate those ab people

Right?? I would never be friends with their kind.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    What about dudes who take things so seriously they emulate mythic gods?

But I AM Thor! Sheesh!
    Thurely you mean theeth?
  • there are dudes that DONT take pictures of themselves flexing???? Whats the point of working out then..........

I look at myself in the mirror while flexing, that should be enough.

And to OP: Serious as a heart attack
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    How serious is serious? :-)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    ...but don't take pictures of themselves flexing in the mirror?

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.

I am still trying to figure out what is so offensive about this that it warrants 8 pages of people crying about, well, nothing.

I swear some people on here just look for reasons to be offended.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Im taking this serious. I realize there are many more women on here than men which can make it kindof like a drug for men. Its kind of the reverse effect of what women in some military units feel. But, I know im trying to stay focused and get my goals accomplished.. No abs yet LOL.

Mark.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    I am here to show off, and check out photos of guys' abs.

Sorry y'all.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    I take it very seriously. But posting your picture of your abs shows progress, shows inspiration, dedication. For me it's a self confidence booster. Not a "I'm better than you" ego, but just one of my insecurities of self image is fading away. This is like a second life for me because normally I'm a shy guy with a lot of friends. Here I have a lot of friends and I'm not afraid to act as my true self! One day though when I've raised my self esteem to a point where it can no longer go higher I will be that same person here on MFP as in person.
  • Taking pictures of oneself is another excellent measure of progress - along with using the scale and the tape measure.

Posting them whenever possible on MFP, facebook, and myspace is a manifestation of an elevated douche factor. Look it up... the douche factor is highly documented...all over the internet... on all sorts of forums...
  • Oh, how I wish I had a pic of me flexing in the mirror right now :laugh: