Are there any dudes here that take this seriously...

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    DO WHATEVER U WANA DO , STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT OTHER PPL DO!! FFS
    when i get abs ill be sure to make it my PROFILE PIC!!!!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Haters gonna hate.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    ...but don't take pictures of themselves flexing in the mirror?

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.
    We all have different goals. :wink:
    Right now, with four weeks left til delivery, I've lost my appetite. But when I go back to picking up the weights...I eat more than most of the guys on my friends list!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    I take this very seriously...as I have since the beginning...can't post ab pics cause I don't really have that 6 pack but thats only a pic..I also post my workouts...when it changes and talk regularly to friends
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Yeah the ab guys are the worst about it but unfortunately the women here are horrrrrrrficly shallow and go nuts for them.

Not true on multiple counts, but the only disagreement you might believe is that there are plenty of us women who don't actually find vein busting muscles all that attractive.
  • I really need to take this seriously...I lose focus at times. Far from posting ab pics!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member

Plenty of females here but they aren't ideal to discuss the process with because I always feel bad for being able to eat way more.

What's wrong with taking pics of one's self in the mirror to document and show off progress? A picture is worth a 1000 words.

And I didn't use to do this, but after a couple of years of training/dieting and discipline I can be proud of where I am.

You can't possibly understand how good it feels to finally show off your body when you have been previously/ horribly ashamed of it what it used to look like.

When I was fat, I wouldn't even look at myself in the mirror when I got out of the shower I was so ashamed.

You can't possibly understand how good it feels to finally show off your body when you have been previously/ horribly ashamed of it what it used to look like.
    Interesting. Now that I am "in shape", I feel the complete opposite. People assume that you're showing off etc. It's rather sad, actually. It's perfectly cool for a guy to walk on a beach looking 6 months pregnant, but if I take my shirt off, I am showing off. Yeah, that's it..
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    I had a LOT of weight to lose before I started my journey, and still have a fair bit...I'll never have a photo of myself in a crop top/bikini even when I reach that weight, because it's simply not me.

And just between you and I...I am not at all attracted to muscley 'buff' guys...the ones at my gym who sit and preen in front of the mirrors just make me shake my head...
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    They make me laugh my socks off - especially when they get off the equipment and I put the weight up so I can do my stuff.

I keep my "performances" for the stage - or the surgery, where all is but an act anyway.
  • hughtwalker
    I take this very seriously...as I have since the beginning...can't post ab pics cause I don't really have that 6 pack but thats only a pic..I also post my workouts...when it changes and talk regularly to friends
    Oh? I have one - it's just a bit shy

I will, of course, have to stick some duct tape over my navel when I do introduce it to its adoring public.

I must say thanks to all those who have provided whole minutes of entertainment on this thread.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member

What's wrong with taking pics of one's self in the mirror to document and show off progress? A picture is worth a 1000 words.

And I didn't use to do this, but after a couple of years of training/dieting and discipline I can be proud of where I am.

When I was fat, I wouldn't even look at myself in the mirror when I got out of the shower I was so ashamed.

Interesting. Now that I am "in shape", I feel the complete opposite. People assume that you're showing off etc. It's rather sad, actually. It's perfectly cool for a guy to walk on a beach looking 6 months pregnant, but if I take my shirt off, I am showing off. Yeah, that's it..

So what?
    Who cares if people think you're showing off. You worked hard for what you have, show it off!
  • hughtwalker
    I think there is more chance of the mirror flexing at present.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Haters gonna hate.

:love: :love:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Take pics even if you look down on others for it and dont plan on posting them anywhere. You will be happy you did.

^
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Haters gonna hate.

^^ I hate lol
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Wow...I've seen this pop up on my newsfeed several times the last week...but just finally read through...

Are you serious?

People post what they post due to their comfort level. Some people post pics of their abs and arms and such and that's cuz they've worked hard and they're damn proud. Some people who have the same results...don't post them.

SO FRIGGAN WHAT?! Some of the best advice I have gotten in my soon-to-be two years on this website were from men with exactly the photos you speak of.

The ASSumptions about muscle men and women in this thread is appalling. It's a fitness website. Look into your soul and fix whatever makes you think this way. Dayum.
  • _Wits_
    Lastly, as the OP asked specifically for male friends who do not post flexing pictures; why was it necessary for females or those that take pride in their accomplishments and display their flexing images, to reply to the post at all?

Oh and actually...he just asked a general question about males on the website..women answered as we interact with many of these men OP referred to...

We do what we want. :flowerforyou:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Wow...I've seen this pop up on my newsfeed several times the last week...but just finally read through...

Are you serious?

People post what they post due to their comfort level. Some people post pics of their abs and arms and such and that's cuz they've worked hard and they're damn proud. Some people who have the same results...don't post them.

SO FRIGGAN WHAT?! Some of the best advice I have gotten in my soon-to-be two years on this website were from men with exactly the photos you speak of.

The ASSumptions about muscle men and women in this thread is appalling. It's a fitness website. Look into your soul and fix whatever makes you think this way. Dayum.

:heart:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Lastly, as the OP asked specifically for male friends who do not post flexing pictures; why was it necessary for females or those that take pride in their accomplishments and display their flexing images, to reply to the post at all?

Oh and actually...he just asked a general question about males on the website..women answered as we interact with many of these men OP referred to...

ZOMG THEY TALKIN BOUT ME ON THE INTERWEBS!! AM SPESH!!!!
  • _Wits_

ZOMG THEY TALKIN BOUT ME ON THE INTERWEBS!! AM SPESH!!!!

Iz a special snowflake!