NO RED MEAT OR PORK CHALLENGE FOR DECEMBER!!

Options

Replies

• BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you eat humanely raised beef that is grass-fed and organic it's already wayyyyyyyy less fat than factory farmed.

Just eat the *right* kind of meat and your waistline will thank you.

I agree, but unfortunately my wallet does not thank me. Grass fed beef is currently too expensive to make it a worth it for me.

It's over $7.00 a pound where I live (Western New York). That's just insane

Wow, that's cheap!! Garbage commodity grade sirloin here is $7/lb.

Cheapest grass fed is about $20/b here. $24 for the good stuff.

Buy grass fed Online - Same price as store bought mediocre stuff.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Why the hell would you EVER want to stop eating beef and bacon?????

Are you CRAY CRAY??????????
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm OUT!!!! LOL Good luck guys! :tongue:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    -help the environment: no animal waste (poop!) polluting the air, water, and soil

you are sorely mistaken.

Actually, (s)he isn't. Factory farming, which is where well over 90% of meat in the US comes from is incredibly hard on the environment, and generally wasteful. Animal waste (feces) pollutes the environment. Animals also consume a lot of water. Additionally, animals are very inefficient in their conversion of plants to tissue, meaning that if humans ate the plants we feed to animals, we'd have to grow a lot less of those crops (not to mention not having to transport them).
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Ok, no deer for a month. Oh wait, beef? Ok, Ill just have a BLT then.
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My husband and I don't eat red meat or pork. He has a health condition and has been directed by his Dr. not to eat them. We have been beef and pork free for 3 years.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Why the hell would you EVER want to stop eating beef and bacon?????

Are you CRAY CRAY??????????

i am never stopping...in fact...i now am posting a challenge that we must all eat red meat or pork every day in December!!! :D
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you eat humanely raised beef that is grass-fed and organic it's already wayyyyyyyy less fat than factory farmed.

Just eat the *right* kind of meat and your waistline will thank you.

I agree, but unfortunately my wallet does not thank me. Grass fed beef is currently too expensive to make it a worth it for me.

It's over $7.00 a pound where I live (Western New York). That's just insane

Wow, that's cheap!! Garbage commodity grade sirloin here is $7/lb.

Cheapest grass fed is about $20/b here. $24 for the good stuff.

Buy grass fed Online - Same price as store bought mediocre stuff.

Do you have a link to a site(s) that sell grass fed as cheap as factory farmed beef? I've searched and could never find any that wasn't cost prohibitive.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Hmm I think this thread needs to get flamier.

Has anyone else noticed that most of the people claiming to be vegan\vegetarian look morbily underweight?

Insulting other users and trying to highjack a thread. 2 rules broken at once. Good job.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Has anyone else noticed that most of the people claiming to be vegan\vegetarian look morbily underweight?

Insulting other users and trying to highjack a thread. 2 rules broken at once. Good job.

Thread was bad and hijacked long ago. Look at you trying to find a place to buy beef in a thread about NOT eating red meat...
  • bcattoes
    Options

Thread was bad and hijacked long ago. Look at you trying to find a place to buy beef in a thread about NOT eating red meat...

Not eating red meat temporarily. Because you don't want to do a challenge, that does not make the challenge bad. It's not as if red meat or pork is required for a healthy diet.
  • FullOfWin
    Options

Not eating red meat temporarily. Because you don't want to do a challenge, that does not make the challenge bad. It's not as if red meat or pork is required for a healthy diet.

Nor is it as if they need to be excluded for a healthy diet.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's got pretty catty in here! Anyway, what happened to that gorgeous nativity scene? Should be cooked by now, surely?
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Wow, it's got pretty catty in here! Anyway, what happened to that gorgeous nativity scene? Should be cooked by now, surely?

So eager to eat baby Jesus?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

F**k yeah! Specially if he's been wood-smoked......
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

F**k yeah! Specially if he's been wood-smoked......
    You might appreciate some of these: http://www.happyplace.com/2314/weirdest-nativity-scenes-we-could-find
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm in I not much of a red meat or pork person anyway so let's go!!!!!!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I see no reason to eliminate those from my diet - now baked goods, snack chips, and ice cream I'm on board with...

^^^^^ This
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Because I joined the challenge and would like to be able to come here and see posts from others that are also doing it.

Obviously the thread devolved long before and will continue to be devolved.

I see no reason to eliminate those from my diet - now baked goods, snack chips, and ice cream I'm on board with...

^^^^^ This

Nothing wrong with the right kind of any of these. I swear 99.9% of nutritional info\beliefs\comments on here are 100% bro.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Red meat is the core of my diet as a natural source of creatine, protein, and fats that I _need_. Do you honestly think I can meet my daily goal of roughly 3000 calories per day without it?

This idea is awful. Just awful. Those of us trying to actively build muscle need the nutrients you get from it.