Paleo Diet

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    plaeo is a joke.

agreed.
    In Italy they eat bread and pasta and have a pastry ever morning with their espresso and the obesity rate is 8%, which basically means we should all go to Italy where the nutrients seem to be benign.
    they have lucky metabolisms

Or their espresso's are made with green coffee beans and it revs up their metabolisms

or they get up from their meal and walk instead of sitting on the computer being a sarcastic and condescending jerkweed
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    plaeo is a joke.

agreed.
    In Italy they eat bread and pasta and have a pastry ever morning with their espresso and the obesity rate is 8%, which basically means we should all go to Italy where the nutrients seem to be benign.

Or their espresso's are made with green coffee beans and it revs up their metabolisms

or they get up from their meal and walk instead of sitting on the computer being a sarcastic and condescending jerkweed
    Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    plaeo is a joke.

agreed.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
    oh_burn.gif
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    plaeo is a joke.

agreed.

fact
  • You can start here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20089734

You realize how CVD works, right? You eat refined carbs (as part of your Standard American Diet), which raises the level of triglycerides in your blood. In the presence of high trigs, "small, dense" VLDL are created, , while decreasing the production of HDL. The VLDL particles are then transported and deposited in the spaces between the endothelial cells. While stuck, the VLDL become oxidized, creating inflammation of the arterial wall. With the reduced HDL, there is no way for your body to naturally repair the damage.

Your immune system then sends white blood cells to assist, which are overwhelmed, increasing the severity of the lesion resulting the plaque accumulation on the wall of the artery.

So you can either eat high carb diets resulting in higher trigs and an exacerbation of the issue, or you can eat low carb (under 150g per day) and assist you body in preventing heart diseases.

Totally up to you.

And if you noticed, i said the studies are coming. Every day studies are produced absolving saturated fat as the culprit of heart disease. And we know it's not protein. So that only leaves....

Actually, eating grains as part of an balanced, healthy diet is a no-brainer, unless you have some sort of medical condition.

Carbohydrates, especially refined carbohydrates, cause heart disease. The science will show this, but studies can't be created overnight. Now, if you choose to continue to consume them and go down that path, that's okay with me. But as for me and my house, we will serve meat.

O rly? Please post those studies
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    plaeo is a joke.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Anti low carb hatemongering is fashionable. Ignoring it's usefulness to some people who choose to use it as a tool is fun. Too bad there are plenty of studies both ways to make any claim you wish.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    You can start here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20089734

You realize how CVD works, right? You eat refined carbs (as part of your Standard American Diet), which raises the level of triglycerides in your blood. In the presence of high trigs, "small, dense" VLDL are created, , while decreasing the production of HDL. The VLDL particles are then transported and deposited in the spaces between the endothelial cells. While stuck, the VLDL become oxidized, creating inflammation of the arterial wall. With the reduced HDL, there is no way for your body to naturally repair the damage.

Your immune system then sends white blood cells to assist, which are overwhelmed, increasing the severity of the lesion resulting the plaque accumulation on the wall of the artery.

So you can either eat high carb diets resulting in higher trigs and an exacerbation of the issue, or you can eat low carb (under 150g per day) and assist you body in preventing heart diseases.

Totally up to you.

And if you noticed, i said the studies are coming. Every day studies are produced absolving saturated fat as the culprit of heart disease. And we know it's not protein. So that only leaves....

Actually, eating grains as part of an balanced, healthy diet is a no-brainer, unless you have some sort of medical condition.

Carbohydrates, especially refined carbohydrates, cause heart disease. The science will show this, but studies can't be created overnight. Now, if you choose to continue to consume them and go down that path, that's okay with me. But as for me and my house, we will serve meat.

Low carb has also been shown to negatively effect cognitive skills and increase bewilderment, which may explain how you arrived at your conclusion that carbs cause CVD and for you to post a study which in no way supports that assertion
  • Bakkasan
    Dude you gotta post studies with that kind of odd claim. Even if you are right I really want to read it. I feel like crap when I am not low carbing.
  • Acg67
    Dude you gotta post studies with that kind of odd claim. Even if you are right I really want to read it. I feel like crap when I am not low carbing.

I will post them when i get to a comp
  • Thanks for playing. Ignorance in the age of information is a choice.

Best of luck to you and your's.

You can start here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20089734

Totally up to you.

Low carb has also been shown to negatively effect cognitive skills and increase bewilderment, which may explain how you arrived at your conclusion that carbs cause CVD and for you to post a study which in no way supports that assertion
  • Bakkasan
    I will post them when i get to a comp

This might be it: http://phys.org/news148218657.html

Low-carb dieters showed a gradual decrease on the memory-related tasks compared with the low-calorie dieters. Reaction time for those on the low-carb diet was slower and their visuospatial memory was not as good as those on the low-calorie diet. However, low-carb dieters actually responded better than low-calorie dieters during the attention vigilance task.
  • Acg67
    Thanks for playing. Ignorance in the age of information is a choice.

I'm glad you realized you are ignorant, your conclusion that if saturated fat and protein doesn't cause CVD then carbs must, is absurd
  • Bakkasan

That's what I can't stand here. The absolute refusal to accept that there is an opinion other than their own. You post a study? Double blind human study? Doesn't matter bro, that study is useless. Why? Because. (Insert any excuse here).

Stubborn ignorance. Amazing stuff this internet is.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    I ate pizza and pasta in Italy before...
  • neanderthin
    Long-term weight loss and cardiometabolic effects of a very-low-carbohydrate, high-saturated-fat diet (LC) and a high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/90/1/23.full?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&minscore=5000&resourcetype=HWCIT
  • JFC, you are a piece of work. What I said is, we've eliminated two of the three macronutriants as the source of heart disease. Until the third is eliminated, it is just as likely the primary cause of CVD as is sugar or air. It was not a conclusion nor a definitive statement.

If you choose not to believe how CVD develops, then that's fine. That doesn't mean it doesn't work like that. Kinda like if you want to believe that the earth is only 6000 years old. That's cool. But that doesn't make it true.

It's my third post on this site, and I've already been trolled. Congrats to me!

I'm glad you realized you are ignorant, your conclusion that if saturated fat and protein doesn't cause CVD then carbs must, is absurd
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Long-term weight loss and cardiometabolic effects of a very-low-carbohydrate, high-saturated-fat diet (LC) and a high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/90/1/23.full?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&minscore=5000&resourcetype=HWCIT

paleo is neither a Very low carb nor a high saturated fat diet

I am not on a paleo diet but all this hate for paleo is unfounded and finding studies that are used to misrepresent the paleo diet seems desperate
  • neanderthin
    JFC, you are a piece of work. What I said is, we've eliminated two of the three macronutriants as the source of heart disease. Until the third is eliminated, it is just as likely the primary cause of CVD as is sugar or air. It was not a conclusion nor a definitive statement.

If you choose not to believe how CVD develops, then that's fine. That doesn't mean it doesn't work like that. Kinda like if you want to believe that the earth is only 6000 years old. That's cool. But that doesn't make it true.

Is it carbs that contribute to CVD or chronic overeating along with other lifestyle shortcomings. Centenarians around the world have eaten carbs since birth, so for anyone to point the finger at one macronutrient that is the cause of CVD is silly. I do agree with some improvements in lipid, trigs, lp(a), and CRP when compared to a high carb diet.....I posted a study that you should like.
  • Acg67
    JFC, you are a piece of work. What I said is, we've eliminated two of the three macronutriants as the source of heart disease. Until the third is eliminated, it is just as likely the primary cause of CVD as is sugar or air. It was not a conclusion nor a definitive statement.

I wasn't aware that there are no other fats than saturated fats

You've made a ridiculous statement and then refuse to support it with even a shred of evidence, so who is really trolling?