Does anyone else seem to get sick.. A LOT?

124»

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Sorry but your diet looks anything but reasonably healthy it's wall to wall processed/ ready made. Aim t oeat foods that look like they just came off the plant or the animal, anything that does not should be an occasional treat.

Vitamin tablets don't make up for a lack of fresh fruit and veggies (shoot for nine a day), healthy fats especially those from oily fish and fibre to feed the friendly bacteria in your gut which form a major part of your immune system. The body needs a wide array of nutrients for a healthy immune system not just vitamins and minerals. White refined carbs and sugar suppress immune function.

There is evidence that many 'minor' allergies or inappropriate immune responses like eczema, asthma and hayfever can be improved and even cured in some cases with a simple immune supporting, anti inflammatory diet - no sugar or white refined carbs, lots of oily fish, fruits and veggies.
  • I Would Always Get Sick Even When Everyone Around Me Wasnt.If Everyone I Was Around Got Sick They Wouldnt Need Antibiotics To Get Better And I Would. After 20 Yrs Of Dr Hopping I Found A Good One. He Sent Me To An Allergist. I Knew I Didnt Have Allergies But I Was Desperate To Live A Normal Life So I Went. To Make A Long Story Short IHe Did Bloodwork No Other Dr. Ever Did. Igg Test And A Live T Cell Test. It Turned Out I Was Different From Other Peopl. I Am About To Start Iv Globulin Infusions And So Is My 10 Yr Old. Thank You To All The Blood Donors And Immunologist Drs.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    I used to get sick all the time until my doctor suggested I start taking Vitamin C supplements. I take two sugarless chewable tablets a day (orange flavor).
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    how much do you work out?? Overtraining lowers your immune system. I only get sick like once a year really. I used to be sick more often but since I made my lifestyle change I'm rarely sick.

This is what I was thinking. And, if you are shirking sleep, that will contribute, especially when combined with a caloric deficit.