Ladies, show me your butts!

Replies

• littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    I don't have any pics, but I can tell you my story! I started doing roller derby in 2008. I ended up switching jobs and gained a bunch of weight, even though I was still doing derby. I couldn't fit into my clothes, but I saved them. Now, with the weight I've lost, I can fit in my old jeans - but, because of my roller derby booty, my butt's too muscular to fit. ;)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    My butt has always been enormous. I like it. :blushing: Thankfully so far I've managed to keep it from falling down lol

buttwut.jpg

buttwut2.jpg
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    P1010109.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    No before picture. This is what heavy squats (250 pounds), deadlifts (275 pounds) and walking lunges (50 pound dumbbells) can do:

2012-06-16_09-21-04_135.jpg

UNpossible for a girl your size. (unpossible should be a word)

I'm 5'9" and 170 pounds. Not just possible, a reality. I don't take "No" for an answer from my body.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    No before picture. This is what heavy squats (250 pounds), deadlifts (275 pounds) and walking lunges (50 pound dumbbells) can do:

2012-06-16_09-21-04_135.jpg

UNpossible for a girl your size. (unpossible should be a word)

I'm 5'9" and 170 pounds. Not just possible, a reality. I don't take "No" for an answer from my body.
    170 pounds of awesome:flowerforyou: .
  • Tonnenator
    Tonnenator Posts: 71 Member
    Dang it can't get a pic to post!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I got a big butt from eating too much McDonalds.
  • My bum is flat like a very large piece of paper but lumpier.

I'm killed doing squats, all kinds and lunges, too...is it necessary to do squats heavy? I'm doing them with as much weight as I can and increasing weekly. I can feel more muscles just under my bum under the glutes but the glutes themselves are still lumpy bumpy and dumpy. But not for long!!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    I don't think it can get bigger from exercise

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Erm citation needed here!!

From years in my youth as a sprinter (200 and 400metres) and a front row rugby forward.....I can DEFINITELY confirm that exercise makes your bottom bigger...Mine is rock solid and I wish I could get rid of it!!

Thankfully I have tree trunk legs, so I maybe just maybe get away with it.....
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    My bum is flat like a very large piece of paper but lumpier.

I'm killed doing squats, all kinds and lunges, too...is it necessary to do squats heavy? I'm doing them with as much weight as I can and increasing weekly. I can feel more muscles just under my bum under the glutes but the glutes themselves are still lumpy bumpy and dumpy. But not for long!!

It is most definitley helpful to lift HEAVY to build muscle in the butt. BUT you need to do a variation of excercises as well. Your butt will really start to take shape when you work on/build the top of your glutes between your lower back and fullest section of butt. That is what will give you that lifted round look. Sumo squats, split squats, *kitten* to grass squats, and deadlifts of course.
  • When I was really thin I didn't have a butt. Then I started doing leg presses, lunges and squats, (and eating more) and voila.
  • My bum is flat like a very large piece of paper but lumpier.

It is most definitley helpful to lift HEAVY to build muscle in the butt. BUT you need to do a variation of excercises as well. Your butt will really start to take shape when you work on/build the top of your glutes between your lower back and fullest section of butt. That is what will give you that lifted round look. Sumo squats, split squats, *kitten* to grass squats, and deadlifts of course.
    thanks, I'll add those few types to my repertoire! :)
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Working on lower body with increasing weight on squats (up to 90#) and deadlifts (100# last time, increase tomorrow!!). I've got some junk in the trunk....but I'll play along.

ETA: My butt used to be flabby and saggy (65-75 pounds ago)....like to the middle of my hammies saggy. So yes, the booty can be lifted and rounded.

temporary-42c2.jpg
  • I don't have a picture of my butt either but mines has risen considerably through squats and lunges. I feel my glutes working especially when I'm doing lunges in a weight set so try do that. :)
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    23ciggy_400x300.jpg

AHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    <
    Running (I like longer distance/moderate paced runs & sprints) has done great things for my butt!
  • no
  • cheexy85
    cheexy85 Posts: 119
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are the pictures?? You ladies are holding up my scientific research!
    Hahahaha.. I came here for some butt pictures too :sad: :blushing:
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    whoop here it is...

photo-3.jpg

I approve this *kitten*!
  • FSL010
    FSL010 Posts: 65 Member
    Well, the only exercises that really work your butt is Dead-lifts and Squats. If you haven't done these before, try them. But PROPER form is the key. If you do it wrong, you w...............RIP.......