Healthy Snacks?

2»

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    The questions about why low fat are correct... Avoid poor quality fats such as hydrogenated oils and trans fats... But your body needs good fats such as Omega 3 to maintain the brain, rebuild tissue and to construct hormones.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    My problem with healthy snacks isn't so much low fat, it is finding ones with low sodium. Everywhere I turn I am getting whacked with sodium. My breakfast of Greek yogurt, my snack of super yummy organic baby carrots, a small pita.

I know we need sodium and we need to replace the sodium we sweat out during exercise. While I am very healthy, high blood pressure and heart attacks run in my family. I am all for being cautious.
  • I really enjoy a mini whole wheat bagel with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it. I polish it off with a granny smith apple and lots of water. So delish!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    popcorn!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Boiled eggs...just the whites.
    Yogurt.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    So glad I read this post. I am always looking for new snack ideas! I have the same old go-to's and it gets boring!

Morning snacks:
    fruit
    fiber one chewy bar (90 cals)
    Granola Bars (150-190 cals)

Afternoon/lunch time snacks:
    Veggies dipped in hummus
    Celery dipped in peanut butter or yogurt bleu cheese dressing (depending on dressing or PB it's 50-200 cals)
    Granola Bars (150-190 cals)
    Wheat Thins Veggie crisps (snack size bag is about 240 cals but high in sodium)

Nightime/after dinner snack:
    pretty much anything if it fits into my calories for the day and it's not too close to bedtime!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    This is what I eat...I have changed a little bit since writing this blog post though haha

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Dauntlessness/view/the-snacks-i-eat-the-most-189226
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    I roast chickpeas .. take one can of chickpeas drain liquid and mix with some olive oil and seasoning ( I use garlic salt and canjun) spread out on a cookie sheet and put in oven 350.. turn every 15 min for 45 min - 60 min. Delish !!!
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    An Unsalted Almond/Craisin Medley is pretty tasty, but I am addicted to sweet/filling foods. Toast ONE piece of whole wheat/grain bread, 1 tbsp of peanut butter and slice a banana on it! YUMMMMM!