Push ups

I used to despise push ups because no matter what I did it was almost impossible for me to do them. Until, I realized my head was causing the problems. Not thinking wise, just my head was creating dead weight. *Hint: Look forward while you do them.

Here are the push ups I've learned while in ROTC's raiders.

Diamond push ups- Your thumbs and forefingers are touching in front of your chest. Pain in the butt
Table Push ups- four people are involved, feet are over one another's backs and you have to do one simultaneous push ups
Inchworm push ups- people to the front to the second to last have their feet secured over the shoulder of someone. The group must do one simultaneous push up
Guntry Entertainer: Do one push up and than crawl on hand feet a step forward and do another until you get to whatever destination.
Last but not least: The infamous Woodrow Push up: This the form I was taught. Two people. One on the ground and one on top. (No not like that. ) The top person has their hand secured around the ankles of the bottom and feet on their shoulder. They have to do simultaneous push ups.

Tell us all about push ups you know that we should try.

Replies

• elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    bump... gonna try some of these!
  • Hellguy76137
    Hellguy76137 Posts: 53 Member
    Diamond push ups- Your thumbs and forefingers are touching in front of your chest. Pain in the butt

My old DI used to say that we must be rich to get such a large diamond. He would make up overlap our hands.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Decline. Feet on a couch, chair, stairs, etc.
  • Diamond push ups- Your thumbs and forefingers are touching in front of your chest. Pain in the butt

My old DI used to say that we must be rich to get such a large diamond. He would make up overlap our hands.

I'll have to tell my CO that...

Sax maniac. Gosh I dislike those. We have to do Guntry Entertainers down hill sometimes and sometimes back up. Those can be the worst.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Pike pushups and Hindu pushups; both great strength builders for my Yoga practise.

Do you also work on pullups and chins to balance out the upper body strength work?
  • I try to do pull ups but I am still very weak.

How do you do Pike and Hindu pushups?