I need help with this techy stuff..

2»

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I use Windows Media Player to transfer music to my phone.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    i own an ipod, and itunes drives me nuts. i really don't like the way they've restricted pretty much everything.

i agree with getting him a generic mp3 player.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    I put my itunes music on my droid phone... easy peasy... drag and drop from itunes into a file on computer then plug phone into computer then drop files on phone. boom. done.
  • Sansa mp3 players. Cheap, reliable and incredibly easy to use (drag and drop your music).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,308 Member
    Unless he already uses iTunes, I would stay away from iPods.

I would recommend Creative Zen for a brand, myself, for a standalone MP3 player.

This! I have three of them, I've had them for ten years, they still recharge perfectly, they're tiny, you can use any device (like your computer) to load them, just get him a 4G or 8G one. Super easy to use...he can put the music on from his computer in a just a few minutes. Go to their website and order one! They have one with removable storage, for a little more money.

This is the basic one, 4G and he will love it. $31.00

http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-ZEN-Style-M100-4GB-MP3/M/B004ZF0RJ0.htm
  • I have a smart phone and can put music on it but frankly it drains the battery too much so it isn't worth it to me.

I bought a 160GB iPod Classic two years ago because I have a large collection of music and I have several movies that I keep on it for long car rides. If you have extra $ you might check out the various incarnations of iPod's. Only downside is you have to sync with iTunes unless WinAmp has improved their iPod interface since I last tried the program.

Years ago I had a Creative Zen MicroPhoto that I loved to death until I finally needed to replace it (when I bought my iPod). My boyfriend has a larger Creative player that he has had for years and it had survived all kinds of beatings. They are pretty budget friendly and unless they have changed things, are drag and drop.

I also have a Sansa Clip I use for running. I bought a little 2GB one on clearance and used a spare 16GB micro-SD card I had to expand the storage...it's a wonderful little player that can be had very inexpensively and you can drag and drop music onto it.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Bump