Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting,

14567810»

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Just heard this on BBC News and am utterly numb with grief and the sheer disbelief that this is allowed to happen again and again and again and again in America.

I guess the NRA's viewpoint will be that at least 40 million other kids were safe today because of guns.

I disagree with your logic and conclusion.

just curious...how many mass shootings, especially in schools would be 'enough' before something needs to be done? or is this collateral damage to preserve the basic human right to own devices that can kill others???

By this logic...we shouldn't own cars, golf clubs, tire irons, baseball bats, or raw meat of any kind.
  • I didn't read the whole thread but only the OP. It made me so sick reading that. Children go to school to feel safe, not in fear. It makes me so nervous for when my daughter goes to school next year. My heart goes out to them :(
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    how could someone have so much hate in their heart.?That they kill both their parents then innocent kindergarteners:( it is just deeply sad
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    My 11 month old niece (in my profile pic) is in daycare in Newtown. The daycare is in lockdown still but she is safe.

Please pray for all the families involved in this horrible tragedy....who kills little kids 10 days before Christmas? My heart is breaking.

Glad she is okay! What a precious little face :)

Yes, very glad to hear she is okay :) Hope that she gets to come home soon!
  • Seriously considering leaving work to go grab my boys. They are that age. I am sick to my stomach.

FTW.

I'm feeling the same way!
  • PikaKnight
    The facebook page seems to have been made unavailable.

I was able to view it
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member

Sucks to be him if that's not actually the shooter. His picture is all over the news.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Just heard this on BBC News and am utterly numb with grief and the sheer disbelief that this is allowed to happen again and again and again and again in America.

I guess the NRA's viewpoint will be that at least 40 million other kids were safe today because of guns.

I disagree with your logic and conclusion.

just curious...how many mass shootings, especially in schools would be 'enough' before something needs to be done? or is this collateral damage to preserve the basic human right to own devices that can kill others???

By this logic...we shouldn't own cars, golf clubs, tire irons, baseball bats, or raw meat of any kind.

Cut off our arms, legs, and teeth. They are considered as a weapon.
  • PikaKnight

I was able to view it

Oh, they just blocked it. I'm not able to view it anymore.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member

Sucks to be him if that's not actually the shooter. His picture is all over the news.

Seriously. I don't know if it's legit or not, but I know websites that previously linked to his Facebook page have been pulling it (gawker, etc)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    His mother was a teacher at the school and he quote "wanted to kill what she loved"

Is it his mother, or the mother of his child?

HIS mother.
  • PikaKnight

I was able to view it

Oh, they just blocked it. I'm not able to view it anymore.

But from the link and the look I got before they blocked it - that is the picture that was on his FB and there was that comment under it.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Oh wow, it really wasn't him. The news f'd up big time.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    This town, the parents and children are changed forever. Not just today, but those that survived and witnessed are never going to be the same. We had a shooting here at our distribution plant a few years ago. My daughter works there and has never been the same again. Very very sad day.

And just a note about why we are all here together. When I was a child, we were outside running everywhere around the neighborhood with all our friends. My kids were not raised that way and it seems to be getting worse. There should be no wonder about why our kids are getting more overweight and unhealthy.

So many people want to go run and get their kids from school. If I still had kids in school, I would, too. They ought to just shut down all the schools across the country for the day and get them all home.
  • My Uncle is a school teacher and lives less than 50 miles from that school....this is terrifying to say the least :(((((
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 297 Member
    As a pediatric nurse I have spent 16 years making a career out of fighting for the lives of children. And in one feld swoop some ****ing *kitten* comes and takes out 18 babies. I cannot stop sobbing at the horror of it all. WHY?

Kudos to you for doing what you do. It takes a special kind of person to put themselves in situations where they have to see the ugliest, most horrific and most painful things we can imagine, especially when it comes to children. People like you truly are heroes. :flowerforyou: Makes me think even more about the responders and medical staff that are dealing with this tragedy today.

^ This, plus I think it's heartening to try and think of the amazing teachers in this situation. There's already so many stories of the teachers who immediately rushed to help their charges, hiding them, putting themselves in danger to protect who they could. Even in pictures, I'm amazed at how calm and collected they are in sweeping kids to safety.

Yes, fully agreed, those teachers are amazing! So incredibly sad that teachers should ever even have to think about how to deal with a situation such as this! God Bless them! xo
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 735 Member
    I live in CT. This entire state is in shock and we are all in mourning. I send my kids; oldest is in 4th grade, to school everyday without thinking they may not come home. That is where they should be safe. There are no words! Please be kind to each ther. Its not time for debate, its a time for prayer and to tell your kids you love them!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member

Poor guy is having to defend himself b/c of this crap. Unbelievable.
  • PikaKnight

Oh man..that sucks for that guy. His face and everything is all over now. That really really sucks for him.
This discussion has been closed.