plz look at my diary and tell me what i'm doing wrong?

13»

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    For me if i start eating more for a couple days, say iv worked out really hard and am hungry, when i go back to 12-1300 for a couple days i feel quite tired and hungry but honestly get used to it again really quickly. Its a tricky one! I am confident it is nothing to do with your macros or WHAT you're eating may be you need to experiment further with total calories for sustained periods and reassess x x

Thinking because of meds/sleep patterns/stress my metabolism could have slowed down.. <3
  • BeautyFromPain
    Dear OP,

Mainly what I see in this thread is that you are keen to express that you don't want to eat less, and that your macros are ok, but make no comment if someone suggests you should eat more or differently (intermittent fasting, for example).

Would you consider a diet break, eating more or intermittent fasting? What do you WANT the answer to be? The only answer must be to change something, so what are you willing to change?

No it's more I don't understand WHY i need to eat less when i'm burning 300-800 cals a day 6x week and eating at therefore a NET of 1000-1500. I have also already lowered calories, in the past as I said didn't make a difference.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Hey there:) Before I give my suggestion I would like to congratulate you on your recent progress. I have heard also you lose more weight earlier in your journey than later which can be the case. I have reviewed your diary this week and have a few questions and suggestions. How active are you?If so what type of activity? Possibly increasing the intensity of the workout will impact your weight. I see an frequent number of 2 calories burnt a day. I also see an average of 1,600 calories eaten a day. That seems to be a reasonable amount to eat. Its obvious you have made changes in your diet based on your progress, and I commend you for that. Maybe reducing it to 1,400 or less can help. You seem to be pretty consistent so far with the meat/veggies. Are you getting enough fiber? That can make a tremendous difference. Have you considered increasing your seafood intake? Studies show people who eat fish frequently lose more weight than those who don,t. Probably slowly alternating the lean beef for fish can impact your weight. Don't let the stuff that say reduced fat/sugar/sodium etc fool you because they can be quite deceiving. You probably heard this but, they are just as worst than the original sources. Are you also taking multivitamins/vitamins?I heard fish oil has omega 3 which is good for cholesterol and can also help you lose weight. This goes back to eating fish which is a source of omega 3. I hope these suggestions help. I wish you well with reaching your goal.

3 days a week full body heavy lifting 90ish min, 3 days a week cardio.
    For "cardio" I do one slow paced day 60min, one day of HIIT 30 min and Plyometrics 30 minutes.
    I also am set to active as I work in a Gym as a receptionist and we clean for 90% of our shift.

I am allergic to fish...
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    No it's more I don't understand WHY i need to eat less when i'm burning 300-800 cals a day 6x week and eating at therefore a NET of 1000-1500. I have also already lowered calories, in the past as I said didn't make a difference.

A number of posters have expressed that you need to eat more or do IF. Are you going to take their suggestions?

Clearly what you're doing now isn't working. A your options are to either eat more or eat less. You've stated you don't want to eat less but don't seem to be responding to the people telling you the opposite, which leads me to believe you want results from what you're currently doing.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Dear OP,

Mainly what I see in this thread is that you are keen to express that you don't want to eat less, and that your macros are ok, but make no comment if someone suggests you should eat more or differently (intermittent fasting, for example).

Would you consider a diet break, eating more or intermittent fasting? What do you WANT the answer to be? The only answer must be to change something, so what are you willing to change?

I tried to explain it in my post, you seemed to have overlooked it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Sounds like classic undereating and overtraining. Recipe for metabolic disaster.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Sounds like classic undereating and overtraining. Recipe for metabolic disaster.

Totally agree. The first building block is ensuring that you are working with the correct TDEE. If that figure is wrong to calculate your calorie goal, it throws everything else out of sync.

Most people under estimate their activity level particularly as the options on MFP are so vague.
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Hey there:) Before I give my suggestion I would like to congratulate you on your recent progress. I have heard also you lose more weight earlier in your journey than later which can be the case. I have reviewed your diary this week and have a few questions and suggestions. How active are you?If so what type of activity? Possibly increasing the intensity of the workout will impact your weight. I see an frequent number of 2 calories burnt a day. I also see an average of 1,600 calories eaten a day. That seems to be a reasonable amount to eat. Its obvious you have made changes in your diet based on your progress, and I commend you for that. Maybe reducing it to 1,400 or less can help. You seem to be pretty consistent so far with the meat/veggies. Are you getting enough fiber? That can make a tremendous difference. Have you considered increasing your seafood intake? Studies show people who eat fish frequently lose more weight than those who don,t. Probably slowly alternating the lean beef for fish can impact your weight. Don't let the stuff that say reduced fat/sugar/sodium etc fool you because they can be quite deceiving. You probably heard this but, they are just as worst than the original sources. Are you also taking multivitamins/vitamins?I heard fish oil has omega 3 which is good for cholesterol and can also help you lose weight. This goes back to eating fish which is a source of omega 3. I hope these suggestions help. I wish you well with reaching your goal.

For "cardio" I do one slow paced day 60min, one day of HIIT 30 min and Plyometrics 30 minutes.
    I also am set to active as I work in a Gym as a receptionist and we clean for 90% of our shift.

I am allergic to fish...

Oh ok you seem to be pretty active. Trying a new machine/workout may help(its not boredom or anything it has been proven to be effective). Forget the fish/ and oil lol as long as you get your protein from somewhere your good. Last thing be patient and let it will happen. Stressing will make it worst.
  • BeautyFromPain

I am allergic to fish...

Oh ok you seem to be pretty active. Trying a new machine/workout may help(its not boredom or anything it has been proven to be effective). Forget the fish/ and oil lol as long as you get your protein from somewhere your good. Last thing be patient and let it will happen. Stressing will make it worst.
    I change my workouts up every 6 weeks :)
  • BeautyFromPain

A number of posters have expressed that you need to eat more or do IF. Are you going to take their suggestions?

Clearly what you're doing now isn't working. A your options are to either eat more or eat less. You've stated you don't want to eat less but don't seem to be responding to the people telling you the opposite, which leads me to believe you want results from what you're currently doing.

Or I may have not been at the computer at the time?..
  • BeautyFromPain
    Will try eating more ta :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member

Except you responded to others while ignoring the posts I've mentioned.

I'm going to honest. I don't understand why you ask for advice and never, ever take it. In the third thread you've posted on this very topic you again get advice and keep coming up with excuses as to why you can't change things up.

You've done amazing in losing the weight you have, but clearly what you're doing now isn't working for you. Change or don't change. It's up to you.
  • BeautyFromPain

I'm going to honest. I don't understand why you ask for advice and never, ever take it. In the third thread you've posted on this very topic you again get advice and keep coming up with excuses as to why you can't change things up.

You've done amazing in losing the weight you have, but clearly what you're doing now isn't working for you. Change or don't change. It's up to you.

Be rude or don't be rude, it's up to you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

The order of your responses and starting new threads suggests otherwise.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Have you been taking measurements? You maybe have lost inches but not pounds?

How does an Aussie 12 compare to a UK one?

You sound quite similar to me, I'm a UK 12 in most things and do an active job (secondary school teacher), exercise 5 times a week, run round after 2 small kids, and weigh 165lbs. I am losing steadily at the moment, but I have gone through a few plateaus over the past 17 months. I'm not sure what I did to break them to be honest.

The only thing I changed was upping my calories slightly, and varying my exercise, but it sounds like you do that anyway.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member

Be rude or don't be rude, it's up to you.

^^^ This is not being rude, this is giving an honest opinion, which is what you get when you ask a question on the forum. I think sometimes when we ask a question we already know the answer we want to hear but we ask to get other people to qualify our views. If people take the time to respond to you then it would at least be worth taking the time to at least listen and consider before rejecting.

I also posted earlier with a link to a page which will explain and give calculators for you to assess your TDEE to ensure you were eating enough. After my post you just stated ' OK I will try and eat more' The point is that you have to find the right numbers for you.

We are all working towards our goal and it is not easy for any of us.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Will try eating more ta :)

Sounds like a good idea as you haven't tried it before.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    She's deactivated. Weird.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    OP is deactivated...

</end thread>