Detoxes and Cleanses

2»

Replies

• PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Whenever I hear someone talk about detox, I think drug/alcohol addiction *shrug*
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member

There is no clear definition of a cleanse. The dictionary definition means to clean. So really any diet like clean eating can be classified as a cleanse or detox.

There is no definition of 'a cleanse', but I believe in them?

Interesting.

How about - "I cannot define a cleanse because really I know I'm talking absolute *kitten* and want to be prepared to adjust my response accordingly?"

It is only one logical step to: "I cannot define them, ergo they do not exist".

Q, E and possibly D.

Note from Sara: keeping this even though I edited out the rest of the posts (and part of this one) from someone who could not provide a lucid and to the point discussion, nor one that had any basis behind it, just coz I like it
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Honestly, Sara... you should write a book and get it published. Then, people will give you as much credibility as the charlatans that manage to dupe the mindless masses into believing garbage like this. After all, writing a book means you know what you are talking about.

I do not understand why people cannot believe that their bodies are completely capable of functioning as they are supposed to without our own assistance.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I never saw this before, so I'm commenting now. Sara, you rock.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,760 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Added to the OP at the end:

If anyone is still thinking about doing a cleanse like the Master Cleanse, I urge you to read this persons story when they did one. They have graciously given permission to link to their post and I want to thank them for posting about their experience.http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

The link doesn't appear to work. I tried it without the words after the message post number and it did come up then. Interesting new feature I guess.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    It's pre and post forum change, some of the old links don't work. Some do.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

If anyone is still thinking about doing a cleanse like the Master Cleanse, I urge you to read this persons story when they did one. They have graciously given permission to link to their post and I want to thank them for posting about their experience.http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

The link doesn't appear to work. I tried it without the words after the message post number and it did come up then. Interesting new feature I guess.

Links got messed up recently due to some upgrades or something. I just fixed them in this thread - should work now.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,760 Member

Links got messed up recently due to some upgrades or something. I just fixed them in this thread - should work now.

Thanks. I reference those links a bunch and give them to newbies all the time.