For those with MAJOR weight loss

13»

Replies

• It'll get flatter ... but remember ... as you age ... you'll *never* be what you were as a teenager.
    Of course coz I was a fat teenager with a 32-34" waist and now at 33 my waist line is 26", the last time I had that waist and worn a size 25-26 inch jeans was way back when I was 11 years old!
  • srob98
    srob98 Posts: 41 Member
    I am fairly certain I will have loose skin when I reach my goal weight....I have more to lose than you, and I am 44. I had pre-eclampsia with my son, and swelled like a balloon during pregnancy. When I lost 75 pounds a few years after that, I had some belly that would not go away, but not the hanging skin. I gained all that back plus some. I am prepared for the loose skin, and I don't care all that much....I just want to be healthy and begin to live life again! However, with that said, I know I will hate seeing it when it happens. Once I get halfway to my goal, I am starting a savings account specifically for a surgery to remove the skin. It is expensive, and it is a vain thing to do, I know, but I don't care. If I get to that goal weight and can maintain it for a year, I am going to get the "tummy tuck". =)
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    I had an ectopic pregnancy while overweight, so although I never had a baby, I carried one, and I lost 56lbs...my stomach is now pretty much as flat as it was when I was seventeen years old. Good nutrition + occasional indulgence + daily activity + running + strength training + lots of water and lots of sleep = the new me :smile: :heart: xxx
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    My problem is my arms. Seen no improvement yet... Hope that changes. X
  • I need to lose a total of around 90lbs to get down to my goal weight, i have another 60lbs ish to lose before i reach my goal weight, so i will be here for a long time as i have major weight to lose!

Feel free to add me anyone, :) could do with the encouragement x
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    I need to lose anywhere from 60-90 pounds. However, I am worried that there is no hope for my stomach. After having kids, my stomach hangs so bad. Will it lift and flatten once I lose the weight, or will it hang forever? If you have any success pictures it would be greatly appreciated!

I have 6 boys 3 of which I gave birth to. My youngest is almost 11 months old. You can flatten things out a lot just by losing the extra weight. There is still loose skin but its flat enough shorts and bikini top, and I can live with that I went from 218 to 120. The littlest one was born at the end of Jan and this is me at the beginning of Oct.

Before 218
    218.jpg
    gracevisit.jpg

After 120
    299882_10151118491869249_1922482017_n.jpg
    523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

BTW: you look amazing! Great job!
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    One suggestion that I haven't seen yet: MOISTURIZE!! I go through 2 bottles of Gold Bond lotion a month, easily. I have virtually no loose skin at 120 lbs down. I have 45 lbs till goal, so some things may change, but I think with my continued regimen I won't have any super noticeable issues.

I haven't had any kids, but at 120 lbs heavier, my stomach area was pretty HUGE and stretched out.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Mine still is floppy but much less than it was. Its just shrunk a lot.

me too! (i havent had kids though. i was just an obese teenager/child)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    combination of diet, cardio, and LIFTING. Too many people forget about lifting and just go over board on cardio and diet. Cardio is great for the heart and burning calories...lifting will replace that fat with lean muscle and tighten things up.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    This is something i too have wondered about. I had my last child 17 years ago. I never did the post pregnancy exercieses because i was sick after the birth. Then i had keyhole surgery and was steralized and then then a few years later i had to have a Hysterectomy due to cancer cells and this was done by abdominal surgery with a scar accross the top of my pubic area. I now am completely numb where the scar is and was told that they had to cut through the muscles to get to the womb. As they have been cut would they heal again enough to pull back in, i would love a flat tummy but i know that will never happen for me now. Its very depressing when i look down and see that flop of skin. If i could afford it i would pay to have it removed but that will never happen too.

I had 2 c-sections a year apart, I have the numbness as well, but over the last 15 years I have regained some of the feeling, there is really only one section left that is still numb. My trainer has also been working with me to strengthen the muscles again. It can be done. Hurts like hell for the first while (for me anyway because of the buildup of scar tissue) because of the scar tissue on the muscle, but your body will heal itself. I make sure I have a high protein drink after working my abs. she tells me the key is doing reverse crunches (working the lower abdomin).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!