What are you getting your SO for Christmas?

1235»

Replies

• wish I had one
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    I have a lot more money than I'm used to this time of year, so I am spoiling him a bit this year =] I'm getting him a beat maschine and some wireless beats headphones. He loves music. It doesn't look like that much, but both of those are pretty pricey so it'll just have to be the two things.
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Can't post what I got for her `cos she'll see this post, even though she has a good idea what it is already... :)
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    a weekend away including tickets to the Book of Mormon traveling show in that city, and hopefully a baseball game.

ERMAHGERD.

I AM SO JEALOUS I DON'T EVEN AJKDHKSAHYFKLDSHGFHK

Book of Mormon needs to come to Atlanta. My husband listens to the soundtrack at least once a day...we love Matt and Trey!

i had been planning this since the summer, and set a reminder on my phone for when the tickets went on sale, because i knew they would sell quickly. i was excited i was able to get them and i'm even more excited for her to open it.

She better put out.

*please tell me you saw the Broadway episode of South Park so I don't sound like a creeper* :laugh:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    ah what am I giving my wonderful man for Christmas.... I have already given him the best gift ever...the key to my heart.......

Now I also got my Husband, who is not allowed to read this....

some socks that say grumpy old git, what more could he need

and some other stuff, with either old, git or grumpy on them...there is a theme here
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    My husband has been out of the service for awhile. He now works as a civilian on base. He has always wanted his service awards to be mounted. This year I got his ribbons, etc. put on a set if dress blues and the right side of the uniform fills the shadow box.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    A very nice picnic basket with wine service for two...along with the promise to fill it with a bottle of wine and yummy food, get a babysitter, and take it to a pretty, secluded spot soon. He's been mentioning forever that he would like something like that.

And he's getting me a pair of sai (traditional Okinawan weapons.)

It cracks me up how non-stereotypical we are. :laugh:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    A Ryan Lotke workout DVD labeled "not for working out". (She likes hm)

Mail order crumb cake including a "bucket of crumbs"

A bracelet from Nordstrom

A blender she asked for

Some champagne she likes
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    We usually buy something for both of us to enjoy. 2yrs ago, we bought tickets to see Dave Matthews at the Gorge in George, WA over Labor Day(it's a 7hr drive from our home, but NO kids!!). Last year we bought a Canon camera with the lens and a video camera since we never had one while the older 2 were little. This year, he bought me a 9mm beretta. He's gone alot and wants me protected. I guess it's for both of us, but he fully picked it out with me in mind.lol.

We are also going to surprise the kids with a trip to Disneyland next year in Sept!! Can't wait to see their faces when we FINALLY get to tell them!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    He told not to get him anything; he told me just be a good wife and that would be his present ( I was kind of insulted, as I wasn't sure how to take that, but I got over it) ...So I bought him some very nice cologne (he asked for some a few months ago,) and a new electric razor set....He's been using the same one for over 10 years now....

I went the practical route.

*Edited to make sense.