What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    DeeDee2211 wrote: »
    @LazyBlondeChef the sea bass and scallops look amazing, they are two of my favorites! The salad looks great too, can you tell me what kind of dressing you have on it?

The salad is a kit from Kroger's Simple Truth Organic line. The dressing is a vinaigrette. You could probably use lemon juice in place of vinegar for a basic recipe and get the same flavor. I often use the Organic chopped salad kits because you get more variety of vegetables which I prefer. If I bought each separate item and made my own most of it would go bad before I could eat it all. Besides I'm lazy and don't like to spend a lot of time washing and chopping vegetables.

acpgee wrote: »
    @LazyBlondeChef
    When air frying crumbed food it is often recommended to spray well with oil so that it browns properly. I find it easier to moisten crumbs such as panko or shreddded coconut with a little olive oil and to roll food in the oily crumbs.

Thanks. It actually browned pretty well but I put too many in at the same time so one side is crunchy and the other isn't. The one down side to the air fryer that I'm encountering is how little it holds to get decent results. My primary desire is to make "healthier" fries so anything else is a bonus. Oven baking fries works fine but I found I had to use too much oil to keep them from sticking. The air fryer is faster ... even if I have to do two batches. I'm trying to minimize the oil use as much as I can.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I’m so happy today! It’s Canada’s birthday🥳🇨🇦🎉 To start the celebration I made breakfast, I wasn’t very hungry, I think the heat is affecting my appetite. So, my plate ended up being 384 calories.
    Happy Canada day to you if you’re Canadian!❤️🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🌸🎆🎇🎆

0eubbtzw0t2o.jpeg

Looks great! A nice way to start the day....I'm assuming you are in the West...melting🥵
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    @PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I’m so happy today! It’s Canada’s birthday🥳🇨🇦🎉 To start the celebration I made breakfast, I wasn’t very hungry, I think the heat is affecting my appetite. So, my plate ended up being 384 calories.
    Happy Canada day to you if you’re Canadian!❤️🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🌸🎆🎇🎆

0eubbtzw0t2o.jpeg

Looks great! A nice way to start the day....I'm assuming you are in the West...melting🥵

Thank you and yes I am. It is so hot here!🤒
    I went out at 5AM today to water my poor garden! The grass looks fried.😬 But some of my other plants are loving it, like my corn!🤷🏽‍♀️😄 Oh well…
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Options
    Grilled fennel sausage, black beans w/onions and sautéed spinach. The sausage was made in house at the newer butcher shop I go to. The fennel sausage is similar to typical mild Italian sausage in the US except it had both fennel seeds and fresh fennel fronds. I thought it had better flavor than most Italian sausage here.

lcms4apht4lj.jpeg

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    yrcjsi2h6qvm.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Baked Sweet Potato, wilted spinach, Light Feta and Harissa Roasted Chickpeas with Salad. Super simple, less than 450 cals and so good!

q0qzaebm0b7a.jpeg

This looks so so good!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Air fryer copycat KFC, copycat Kraft dinner, carrot slaw.
    tt7zsu9fn0o3.jpg
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Middle eastern pizza from this site: https://www.thespruceeats.com/middle-eastern-pizza-2355772. I added kalamata olives to mine and my partner added onions to his. These were pretty tasty but too caloric to eat very often. Had a side salad of cucumber, tomato, parsley, cilantro, lime juice, salt and olive oil which is similar to several different types of middle eastern cucumber/tomato based salads though some use different herbs, lemon juice and/or omit the olive oil.

kvveoiz90l2g.jpeg

This middle eastern pizza recipe looks amazing. I'm 100% stealing this
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Options
    This was supposed to be a version of falafel with amaranth. I followed the recipe as linked below with the exception of using my preferred brands. I also chose za'atar for the seasoning. It tasted qood but the mixture was too moist so it didn't fry up properly. I gave up on making individual patties and cooked it until it had some crispness.

Since I had read that canned chickpeas shouldn't be used for falafel due to excess moisture I assume that was the problem with mine. Now that I know my partner will eat this again I'll try it using dry chickpeas as well as going with a more standard version without amaranth.

Recipe: https://www.mondaycampaigns.org/meatless-monday/recipes/chickpea-and-amaranth-falafel

csn1mnqc1yib.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef
    Falafel, especially made from tinned chickpeas are really tricky. Mine has always fallen apart when I try to fry. If I do them again I will try some of these tips such as adding binding agents in the link below and maybe form, roll in an oiled cookie sheet and cook in the air fryer. I probably won't because the hubby compares falafel to fried carpet. Though he did like the ones he was served in Egypt which had a melting smooth texture that could be smeared across the bread.
    https://www.thespruceeats.com/help-my-falafel-is-falling-apart-3974952
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Thanks again @acpgee ... this was the first time I tried to make falafel though I've had it many times in restaurants. I probably shouldn't have done the amaranth version because it was probably more responsible for the excess moisture than the canned chickpeas. I had also thought about using the air fryer but didn't. I found one recipe that used canned chickpeas included a small amount of flour which I had considered but didn't do.

Anyway, I don't mind cooking failures if they still taste good.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love air fried falafel. Highly recommend.