What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    1zehh941uk47.jpeg
    ny5sf5ayd87b.jpeg
    b2iz13yh2a7p.jpeg

The first meal is a vegetarian version of a Persian herb stew from an amazing restaurant in L.A.

The second is grilled seafood, greens, rice/beans, and zucchini from my garden.

The third is not a meal, but was delicious: pineapple margaritas.

@nooshi713 - you had me at Persian herb stew!!

😄
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    k5xfd8elzdqz.jpeg

Valentine’s dinner for husband and I, charcuterie board with some ‘new’ goodies from the store but also some leftover bits and bobs from the fridge to use up
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Second last dinner in Las Palmas. We went to a very traditional place, that our hotel receptionist used to visit with her grandfather. We shared the sauteed mushroom and courgette and I had the Secreto Iberico, a cut of pork chop unique to Spain. It was good but not mind blowing. There are a couple more traditional dishes unique to the Canaries I still need to try.
    0dfhdryddm57.jpeg
    j3iy6xvyp9t5.jpeg

• acpgee
    We had a substandard menu del dia today which I won't bother to post. We did end up at an excellent tapas bar where we had questo ahumados, asparagus and veggie tempura. Veggie tempura was a perfect light texture because they are masters at deep frying in this part of the world, but the Canarian interpretation of an asian sauce (sweet and sour thickened with cornstarch slury) drizzled on top was not nice.

This is our last night on the Canary Islands so we went back to the to fancy fusion place https://triciclobar.com/#/ for dinner.
    c183wbsv2myx.jpeg
    wcrcxbv4h4gc.jpeg
    xyuixphon096.jpeg
    ag43tq1m3ak2.jpeg
    sda2aqzsydt4.jpeg
    jaxwrxri4xfo.jpeg

• acpgee
    My last breakfast in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria was a spiadina with jamon, rocket, and cherry tomatoes with pimientos de padron. We got up late so breakfast was from the lunchtime menu, actually. Today was a travel day back to London so all of our other meals were bocadillo with jamon and queso that we bought in town and had packed up for in the airport and on the plane.
    xnu30bjlu4xa.jpeg
    nxe5m7rbj0n8.jpeg
  • acpgee
    I'm out of practice having eaten at restaurants for 8 days while on vacation. Overcooked olive crusted haddock, roast potatoes, sauteed spinach.
    jcltyqht95yt.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Dinner at a friends place. We made air fried Vietnamese spring rolls and hand rolls with crab sticks and seared tuna. I brought a pan de higa I made in the morning to have with a cheese board not pictured.
    99724u3807ug.jpeg
    0jtyeouwrzyg.jpeg
    h3em66vecjw3.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    mjew6cj1wmyw.jpeg
    Cod topped w a tzatziki riff and fettuccine Alfredo
  • acpgee
    Vietnamese cahn soup made with spinach, Indonesian tomato lalab, chicken and asparagus stir fry, rice.
    bbac83scv89v.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Cambodian chicken lok lak with khmer lime and pepper dipping sauce.
    uqqemhflxqp1.jpeg