What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Lunch: Poke bowl with quinoa, avocado, spinach, carrot, edamame, cucumber and orange bell pepper

9qt75tmmw1xq.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Starter of duck gyozas made with leftover duck confit from the weekend. This was a great way to use up leftover meat. I am going to do this more often as Chinese dumplings are not much work if you have a food processor for kneading dough and a tortilla press for rolling dough. Alternatively use store bought dumpling skins from the freezer section of an Asian supermarket.
    Main of chicken lok lak which was an experiment in freezing stir fried meat to warm up quickly on a weeknight. Toss your cubed meat with cornstarch and mnced garlic. Stir fry in a big batch leaving it slightly undercooked and set aside. Mix to coat in stir fry sauce. Freeze portions for future use. Finish by warming up the thawed meat in a wok, eventually with some stir fried veg before serving.
    55fx3md0wl09.jpeg
    meylyo8r79dx.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Tagliata di manzo with a side of roast potato with a little roast broccoli. This is the secondi I order if I find myself in an Italian restaurant and don't want to eat a lot of carbs. The tagliata looks a little weird because I like my steak very rare but the hubby likes it medium.
    vaq28vkh473n.jpeg

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 872 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Forgot to post the pavlova.
    uu73zddworqy.jpeg

@acpgee those figs are a thing of beauty!!
  • acpgee
    Air fryer tempura dinner. This was sea bream, aubergine, carrots and cauliflower tempura with rice. I used half self raising flour and half potato starch with cold sparkling water for the batter. To do wet batters in the air fryer, add a tablespoon or two of vegetable oil to the batter, dunk and dry fry on a warm non stick pan just long enough to dry the batter and then set aside. This can be done in advance. When you want to eat heat up everything at 200C in the air fryer for 10 minutes. Not as good as deep fried but pretty close.
    d53n8jbnhjwr.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Hake fish, quinoa and salad.

6zvu474r6x8n.jpeg

tazcm8kuva2b.jpeg
  • acpgee
    All the ingredients for tagliata di manzo were lying around the fridge, so made one for breakfast.
    eggi1l9ocgeb.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Was planning to serve leftovers of duck gyoza I made last weekend and parked in the freezer with some asian cucumber salad with black sesame as a starter followed by the leftover part prepped air fryer fish and veg tempura dinner. We were full after the starter so will save the tempura for tomorrow.
    m9i66ggq39s5.jpeg