Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,254 Member Member Posts: 5,254 Member
    Szechuan cumin lamb and Di San Xian where I used courgette instead of green pepper.
    itlcjhx9zp7i.jpeg
  • KuchinessKuchiness Member Posts: 47 Member Member Posts: 47 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Kuchiness wrote: »
    Starter of griddled iceberg lettuce drizzled with ranch. Tagliatelle cacio e pepe and roast okra.

Your food always look delicious, I noticed you often make grilled romaine lettuce. How do you exactly grill a lettuce? Is it pan grilled or done other type? What dressing do you use?

Thanks in advance

I grill sturdy lettuces like iceberg and romaine. Carefully cut off a thin slice of the brown end of the stem to make your lettuce look nicer. Slice romaine in half and quarter iceberg. Drizzle olive oil on the cut sides. I grill cut sides down on a hot cast iron griddle pan. But you could use an outdoor BBQ or or broil cut side up in the oven. I like to drizzle with ranch or a little balsamic afterwards. You can also add a few dots of blue cheese and finish under the broiler so that the cheese melts into the lettuce.

This is a nice thing to do on the outdoor BBQ because it only takes a few minutes and you can serve something right away while everyone is waiting for meat to cook

Thank you for your reply! I actually don’t have a bbq or griddle pan but I have an oven grill thing and a George foreman. I’m going to try to make ASAP according to your tips🙏🙏

Thank you for your reply! I actually don’t have a bbq or griddle pan but I have an oven grill thing and a George foreman. I’m going to try to make ASAP according to your tips 🙏🙏
    Thank you for your reply! I actually don’t have a bbq or griddle pan but I have an oven grill thing and a George foreman. I’m going to try to make ASAP according to your tips 🙏🙏

I haven't tried it personally but imagine a cast iron frying pan you can heat up to high temperature would work for grilling salad.
  • MistressPiMistressPi Member Posts: 513 Member Member Posts: 513 Member
    Starter of griddled iceberg lettuce drizzled with ranch. Tagliatelle cacio e pepe and roast okra.

Your food always look delicious, I noticed you often make grilled romaine lettuce. How do you exactly grill a lettuce? Is it pan grilled or done other type? What dressing do you use?

Thanks in advance

I grill sturdy lettuces like iceberg and romaine. Carefully cut off a thin slice of the brown end of the stem to make your lettuce look nicer. Slice romaine in half and quarter iceberg. Drizzle olive oil on the cut sides. I grill cut sides down on a hot cast iron griddle pan. But you could use an outdoor BBQ or or broil cut side up in the oven. I like to drizzle with ranch or a little balsamic afterwards. You can also add a few dots of blue cheese and finish under the broiler so that the cheese melts into the lettuce.

This is a nice thing to do on the outdoor BBQ because it only takes a few minutes and you can serve something right away while everyone is waiting for meat to cook.

Thanks for the method. One of my favorite restaurant salads is a grilled Caesar that this one place makes. It is so scrumptious. I will have to try this.
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member, Premium Posts: 708 Member Member, Premium Posts: 708 Member
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    p8fm2p9hhgvd.jpg

Spiced carrot and chickpea over a kale and feta salad with 11% Krema yogurt underneath. Vegetarian and very filling!

Those carrots look delish!
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 846 Member Member Posts: 846 Member
    Chicken wings, Kidney bean rice with celery sticks!
    uuxv4ss6pedt.jpg
    t48duhmi2hgr.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,227 Member Member Posts: 7,227 Member
    Made a loaf of almond- flax bread. I added in a bit of grated Romano cheese and it emerged with a nice crispy crust. 😋

tuml7szp80dg.jpeg

This could be either really yummy or not...which one was it? Do you mind sharing your recipe (that is if it turned out 🤣)?
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member, Premium Posts: 708 Member Member, Premium Posts: 708 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Made a loaf of almond- flax bread. I added in a bit of grated Romano cheese and it emerged with a nice crispy crust. 😋

tuml7szp80dg.jpeg

This could be either really yummy or not...which one was it? Do you mind sharing your recipe (that is if it turned out 🤣)?

@PAPYRUS3 haha lol!

It did come out good! Although this loaf came out with a face only a mother could love. 😉

I’ll grab the recipe for you!

tuml7szp80dg.jpeg

@PAPYRUS3 haha lol!

It did come out good! Although this loaf came out with a face only a mother could love. 😉

Thank you! I like making almond/flax/seed, etc., crackers, so I'm thinking this recipe would be something I'd love. That crust looks 😛

tuml7szp80dg.jpeg

@PAPYRUS3 haha lol!

Thank you! I like making almond/flax/seed, etc., crackers, so I'm thinking this recipe would be something I'd love. That crust looks 😛

@PAPYRUS3 /- here is the recipe and a better looking loaf with lots of rosemary. :)

2.5 cups almond flour
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    1/8 cup ground flaxseed
    1/2 cup butter or oil (room temp)
    8 whole eggs (room temperature)
    1.5 tsp baking powder

If you like it a bit more moist / a few tablespoons of semi melted cream cheese. I sometimes use this and sometimes omit.

Seasonings or herbs as desired / I like:
    2 tsp Rosemary
    2 tsp Sage
    A few dashes of sea salt

I’ve also added in red chili flakes and grated cheese for an awesome cheese bread.

I line a pan with parchment paper - 350 degrees in a large loaf pan takes about 50-55 min // mini loaf pans 35/40 min

I experiment with the above all the time. The bread is more dense then typical bread. It’s awesome for stuffing and great toasted with soup.

dwb16bpzjseb.jpeg
    Hubby was meant to cook nasi goreng tonight but bailed. Dinner was mostly batch cooked stuff from the freezer. Meatloaf, gratin dauphinoise, iceberg wedges dotted with blue cheese and broiled in the air fryer.
    nistubgwa3po.jpeg

just_Tomek wrote: »
    Meatless Monday.
    Black bean fettuccine with roasted okra and mushroom, plus some herbs.

About 450cal and 40g protein.

v16xiaokztvv.jpg

Your food always look pretty, nutritious and extremely well portioned! I don’t know how you can eat so little of that !!

tuml7szp80dg.jpeg

@PAPYRUS3 haha lol!

@PAPYRUS3 /- here is the recipe and a better looking loaf with lots of rosemary. :)

2.5 cups almond flour
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    1/8 cup ground flaxseed
    1/2 cup butter or oil (room temp)
    8 whole eggs (room temperature)
    1.5 tsp baking powder

If you like it a bit more moist / a few tablespoons of semi melted cream cheese. I sometimes use this and sometimes omit.

Seasonings or herbs as desired / I like:
    2 tsp Rosemary
    2 tsp Sage
    A few dashes of sea salt

I’ve also added in red chili flakes and grated cheese for an awesome cheese bread.

I line a pan with parchment paper - 350 degrees in a large loaf pan takes about 50-55 min // mini loaf pans 35/40 min

I experiment with the above all the time. The bread is more dense then typical bread. It’s awesome for stuffing and great toasted with soup.

dwb16bpzjseb.jpeg

This one looks great too...I'm sure you are enjoying. That sure is a lot of eggs...must be have a great texture.
    Thanks for posting!
    edited April 9
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 2,513 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,513 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way, @just_Tomek but I want to kidnap you and keep you in my kitchen forever. The barter is that I'll get you whatever ingredients you want.

If you can kidnap me while staying 2m away from me, go ahead :) I will take this up a notch, I will even cook with whatever ingredients you want :)

Trust that I'm trying to work out the logistics lol In the meantime, keep tantalizing us all with your perfect plating and obviously yummy food pics!